Quick and easy with fresh veggies, mashed chickpeas and the best creamy tangy dressing this Chickpea Salad Sandwich Recipe is AMAZING and vegan! Bon Appetit!
- 1 can of chickpeas, (drained and rinsed)
- zest of one medium lemon
- one lemon, juiced (about 3 tablespoons or so)
- 1/4 tsp granulated garlic
- one dill pickle, (chopped)
- 1 and 1/2 tbsps dill pickle juice
- 1/4 cup red onion, (diced)
- 1/4 cup red pepper, (diced)
- 1/4 cup vegan mayo, ( I like vegenaise)
- 1/4 cup chopped celery, ( one stock)
- 1/4 cup grated carrot, (one small carrot)
- 1 1/2 tbsp dried dill
- salt and pepper to taste
- bread or wraps of choice
- whatever floats your boat
Optional add ins:
- 1/4 or so sunflower seeds, I use roasted and salted👍
- Add the chickpeas to a medium bowl
- mash with a potato masher or a fork to consistency you'd like, (see notes*)
- Add the rest of the salad ingredients and sun flower seeds if using and mix well. Season with salt and pepper if needed.
- Now build your sandwich or wrap!
- You can also use your food processor to combine mixture, add chickpeas first, pulse a few times, then add all veggies , pulse a few more times, until you're happy with the consistency. Then, add to a bowl, with rest of chickpea salad ingredients. Mix well.
- optional add ins: sunflower seeds (salted) and or pumpkin seeds. they add a great crunch and nutty flavour
- calories in this recipe do not include bread, tomatoes or cucumbers
Keywords: chickpea salad sandwich recipe , chickpea sandwich, easy, healthy, best, vegan sandwich, chickpea salad, vegan chickpea salad sandwich, vegetarian chickpea sandwich, chickpeas,