The Best Vegan Caesar Salad Recipe! Made with crispy romaine, crunchy croutons, and an incredible creamy, garlicky 5 minute Caesar Dressing. Nut free and easily gluten free.
- 1 large head of romaine lettuce
- 2 slices of bread, regular or gluten free
- vegan butter for spreading
- pinch of salt and pepper
- pinch of granulated garlic
- 1 tablespoon garlic, slightly heaped and finely chopped (approximately 2–3 cloves of garlic)
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained and finely chopped and or smashed with a fork
- 1/2 cup of vegan mayonnaise (I use Veganaise)
- 1 tablespoon white miso (I use Shiro Miso)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vegan Worcestershire sauce or 1 teaspoon brine from jar of capers
- 2 teaspoons nutritional yeast
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated onion
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
To make Caesar Salad: (step by step photos above if needed)
- For the croutons: Preheat oven to 350°, lightly butter two pieces of bread on both sides. Sprinkle one side of each piece of bread with a little salt, pepper and granulated garlic. Cut the bread into slices then into 3/4-1 inch cubes. Spread onto a parchment lined baking sheetand bake for 12-14 minutes, stirring halfway. Remove from oven and cool completely on baking sheet.
- For the vegan caesar dressing: Finely chop the garlic. Finely chop and or smash the capers with a fork. Add both to a small bowl with the rest of dressing ingredients. Whisk to combine and set aside in the fridge until needed (dressing is even better the next day!).
- For the Romaine lettuce: chop into bite size pieces, add to a bowl of cold water to rinse. Drain and dry the lettuce in a salad spinner, and add to a large salad bowl, refrigerate until needed.
- To assemble the Caesar salad: Pour the dressing evenly over the lettuce. Add the croutons and toss the salad with tongs. Garnish with some fresh cracked pepper (optional).
- Serve immediately! Enjoy
- Watch croutons carefully towards the end of cooking time so they don’t burn. You want them crunchy not chewy. Oven times may vary depending on how thick your bread i
- dressing will keep in fridge for 7 days
Tips for a perfect Caesar salad:
- Don’t over dress your salad!
- Make sure the romaine is cold, crispy and dry
- Must have crunchy croutons!
- Fresh garlic in your dressing
- Dress the salad just before serving ( nobody wants a soggy salad)
- Season the salad with Freshly cracked pepper before serving
Keywords: vegan caesar salad, vegan caesar salad dressing, caesar dressing, vegan, caesar salad,