These Salted Caramel & Pecan Vegan Shortbread Bars are to die for ! Perfect vegan shortbread cookie crust topped with the most amazing salted caramel & toasted pecans, and sliced into perfect little bars of holiday happiness. These make a delicious addition to any Vegan Christmas Cookies Platter. My dessert loving husband Carl, says these vegan shortbread bars are total winners. I had to give away some of my last batch so he didn't eat them all, lol!
SUCH AN EASY RECIPE:
Not only are these absolutely yummy they're easy too. Yay! First you need to whip up the vegan shortbread recipe which takes minutes! Dock it and bake it. While that's baking make the caramel sauce, and toast some delicious pecans. Combine the nuts and salted caramel, pour over the shortbread, and wait patiently for it to cool. So you can eat one or two or five ?. Ok lets go make some delectable vegan holiday treats.
These Salted Caramel & Pecan Vegan Shortbread Squares are:
The perfect bite
Delicious vegan holiday cookies
sweet & salty
Enjoy you Guys? Happy Day! Please feel free to leave a comment and rate this recipe below. I'd love to hear from you.
Other desserts you might enjoy:
Salted Caramel Vegan Chocolate pie
Gooey Fudgy Vegan Brownies
Tasty Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
These Salted Caramel & Pecan Vegan Shortbread Bars are to die for! Perfect vegan shortbread cookie crust topped with amazing salted caramel & toasted pecans, sliced into little tasty bars of holiday happiness. These make a delicious addition to any vegan Christmas cookies platter.
TO MAKE VEGAN SHORTBREAD:( STEP BY STEP PHOTOS ABOVE)
- Pre heat oven to 350°
- Add vegan butter, sugar and vanilla to a large mixing bowl. Mix with hand mixer till light and creamy, approximately a minute or so .
- Add in the flours and stir with wooden spoon or by hand till fully mixed.
- Crumble evenly into a 8x8 non stick brownie pan
- Press down evenly with your hand to form shortbread base.
- Dock evenly with fork
- Bake for 15-17 minutes. It should look very slightly brown just around the edges
- Remove from oven and cool in pan on cooling rack
WHILE THE SHORTBREAD IS BAKING: (STEP BY STEP PHOTOS ABOVE)
- Add chopped pecans to dry frying pan set to medium heat, toast for 5-7 minutes, stirring every couple of minutes. Be careful not to burn them.? remove from pan and set aside.
- Make the Salted Caramel Sauce - Recipe is HERE
- Add toasted pecans to caramel sauce, and stir to combine.
- Spread mixture evenly on shortbread crust , let cool to room temp and then put in the fridge to set . and hour or so .
- Slice and enjoy! Store the bars in container on counter .
- Category: Sweets
- Cuisine: European
Keywords: vegan shortbread, holidays, Christmas, cookies, easy, desserts, salted caramel, pecans, perfect, vegan, winner, best, vegan Christmas cookies, caramel, bars, squares, sweet & salty, vegan shortbread cookie crust,