Chips and salsa in a jiffy when you make my quick & easy Restaurant Style Salsa. It’s bursting with fresh flavour, made with a handful of ingredients and ready in 5 to 10 minutes.
- (2) 284 ml (10 oz) cans ( I used mild) Rotel Tomatoes with green chilies
- 1/3 cup yellow onion, rough chopped for food processor ( approx 1/2 small onion)
- 1/2 cup green pepper, rough chopped for food processor ( approx 1/2 green pepper)
- 1 celery stalk, rough chopped for food processor
- 1 tsp garlic salt ( not powder!)
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/8 tsp tumeric powder
- 1/4 tsp celery salt
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tsp pickled jalapeño juice
- First add the chopped green peppers, onions and celery to your food processor, and mix until they are super small ( but not mush) and have released their juices. Scrape down the sides a couple of times if you need to.
- Now add the Rotel tomatoes, tomato paste, pickled jalapeño juice and spices to the food processor and pulse until tomatoes are not so chunky. I usually pulse the mixture 10-12 times?
- Lastly add your salsa to a bowl, cover and refrigerate it for 30 minutes or longer, to let the flavours develop. Or serve it right away if you can’t wait.
- of course you can add chopped cilantro to this salsa but I prefer it without? I enjoy fresh cilantro in my Pico de Gallo recipe.
- This salsa should keep in the fridge for a week to 10 days.
- I used Mild Rotel tomatoes with green chilies for this recipe. The heat is perfect.
- If you would like it spicier, add more pickled jalapeño juice and or a pinch of cayenne pepper,
Keywords: salsa, easy homemade salsa, best salsa recipe, restaurant style salsa, easy, homemade, simple, quick, fresh, authentic, salsa, mexican, tomatoes, cilantro, chips, chips and salsa, recipe,