Delicious Vegan Cheese Ball! Tastes similiar to garlic and herb boursin cheese spread!! Super creamy and easy! Perfect appetizer for your holiday snack table! Dairy free, Gluten free!
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1– 8 oz package vegan cream cheese ( I used Daiya)
- 1/4 cup canned coconut milk, full fat
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3/4 teaspoon granulated onion
- 1 tablespoon green onions, finely chopped, green parts only (or use chives)
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped small
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries or dried cherries, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
Optional add ins:
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice (if you want it tangier)
- for more herb flavour add 1/2 teaspoon each: dried dill, dried tarragon, dried thyme
- Add the cashews to a small pot, cover with water and boil for 10 minutes, drain and set aside to cool (couple minutes) then add to the food processor with the vegan cream cheese, coconut milk, garlic salt, pepper, granulated onion and granulated garlic. Process until smooth. Scraping down the sides a few times. This will take a few minutes. (You want it really smooth)
- Now add the cheese mixture to a medium bowl and stir in the chopped green onions.
- Place a piece of plastic wrap over a small bowl or on your counter. With a spatula scoop out the cheese mixture onto the centre of the plastic wrap. Gather up the corners of the plastic wrap and gently twist the top. So it roughly forms a ball (Don’t worry once it hardens you can shape it into a more uniform ball).
- Place the cheese ball in the bowl cover with more plastic wrap and freeze for one hour or refrigerate for 4-6 hours or overnight to let the flavours develop even more.
- While the cheese ball is chilling mix the pecans, dried cranberries and parsley together pour onto a plate or a shallow bowl.
- When you are ready to serve unwrap the cheese ball form into a better shape if necessary. (It won’t be super firm) Then roll in the chopped pecans and cranberry mix.
- Serve with a sliced baguette and/or crackers (Raincoast Crisps are delicious!) and veggies like carrots, celery and cucumbers. Enjoy! If needed scroll up for Step by step photos.
- if you find the cheese mix is to wet to add to your plastic wrap, stick in the fridge for 15-20 minutes.
- prep time doesn’t include chill time
Keywords: vegan cheese ball, easy vegan cheese ball, holiday vegan cheese ball, creamy, cheesy, Boursin, cheese, best, vegan cheese spread, Christmas, thanksgiving, game day, potluck,