This Balsamic Marinated Tofu is the best marinated tofu ever! It’s a quick and easy marinade and transforms tofu into little bites of deliciousness! Perfect in salads, wraps, or Buddha bowls. Protein rich, Healthy and gluten free.
- First step is to press the tofu: Wrap tofu in a couple layers of paper towel and then place something heavy on top. I usually use my cast iron frying pan with a couple cans of food on top (Refer to the photo above if necessary). Press for 15 minutes.
- While the tofu is pressing in a small bowl whisk together the balsamic vinegar, maple syrup, garlic, Italian spice and Braggs and set aside.
- Now slice the tofu lengthwise into two slabs and then cut those slabs into strips and then into cubes. Add the tofu to a large freezer bag with the marinade, making sure it is all coated. Squeeze the excess air out, seal and refrigerate for 30 minutes or overnight.( longer is better but 30 minutes works great)
- After 30 minutes strain the tofu and reserve the marinade.
- Heat up a large non stick skillet on medium high heat with the oil (or omit for oil free). Once hot add the tofu and distribute evenly in the pan. Let cook for 3-5 minutes without touching so a crust forms. Flip and cook an additional 3 minutes or so, careful not to burn the garlic. If you find the pan to hot turn it down to medium heat.
- Remove from heat and add the reserved marinade, stirring until evaporated. Season with salt and pepper to taste
- Serve hot or cold and enjoy!
- I recommend seasoning with salt and pepper at the end. Brings out all the flavours!
Keywords: balsamic marinated tofu, marinated tofu, garlic, balsamic vinegar, best, easy, tofu, healthy, gluten free, recipe, tofu marinade,