Raita is an Indian yogurt sauce with cucumber and mint. My Vegan Raita is made with dairy free yogurt. It is a super simple vegan yogurt sauce and the perfect cooling condiment to serve with curry.
- 3/4 cup vegan yogurt, plain unsweetened
- 1/4 cup vegan sour cream, or substitute more vegan yogurt
- 3/4 –1 cup grated cucumber, seeded ( approximately 1/2 medium English cucumber)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 small garlic clove, finely chopped or 1/4 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 –1/2 teaspoon salt
- Seed and grate the cucumber and add to a bowl with the yogurt, fresh mint and cilantro, sour cream (if using), lemon juice, garlic and spices.
- Mix everything together and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or longer, so the flavours can develop.
- Serve with my Easy Vegan Naan and your favourite Indian Curry or enjoy on sandwiches, wraps or as a dip with fresh veggies.
- Vegan Raita will keep in the fridge for 3-4 days
- prep time does not include refrigeration time
- stay tuned my Vegetable Chickpea curry is coming next!
Keywords: vegan raita, Indian yoghurt sauce, cucumber and mint, easy, refreshing, fresh herbs, cucumber raita,