You'll love this easy Vegan Ricotta Cheese recipe made with cashews, tofu and pesto, it's creamy, tangy, cheesy with a delicious lemon herb flavour. Great with lasagna, pasta & sauce, as dip, in veggie wraps and sandwiches. I love it on pita pizzas...So many things.
- 1 pkg Extra firm Tofu, drained
- 1/3 cup cashews & 1/3 cup water
- 3 tbsps or more your favourite Vegan Basil Pesto / or 1 to 1 & 1/2 tsp dried basil. My favorite store bought basil is Basil Pesto made by Sunflower Kitchen
- 1/4 cup Nutritional yeast
- juice of 1 lemon ( approx 3tbps - 1/4 cup)
- zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp white miso
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp salt or more to taste
- 1 & 1/2 tsp granulated garlic
- Place cashews in a soup bowl and cover with boing water. Let sit for 10 minutes. Drain and add cashews and the 1/3 cup of water to Nutra bullet. Blend till smooth.
- Now break up tofu and add to your food processor along with cashew cream and rest of ingredients.
- Process till smooth.
- Try with My Meaty Vegan Lasagna!! YUM
- Category: sauces/salsas/dressings, gluten free
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegan ricotta, tofu, cashews, easy, creamy, tangy, herb, lemon, tofu cashew ricotta, pesto, recipe,