This is the Best and Easiest Vegan Spinach Artichoke Dip you will taste!! You won’t believe this hot, creamy and cheesy vegan dip is dairy free! Bakes up in 35 minutes using wholesome ingredients! Perfect for party guests! Gluten free too!
- 1 small yellow onion, diced small
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegan butter or oil, I use Earth Balance*
- 2 cups fresh spinach, packed!
- 1– 14 oz (398 grams) can artichoke hearts (not marinated), drained really well and chopped
- cooking oil spray*
For the cheese sauce:
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 3/4 cup unsweetened plain vegan yogurt
- 1/2 cup non dairy milk, I use unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 3 and 1/2 tablespoons tapioca starch (flour)
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon vegan butter*
- 1 tablespoon white miso, I use Shiro Miso
- 1 and 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt (not powder)
How to make Vegan Spinach & Artichoke Dip:
- Preheat the oven to 375° Spray an oven proof dish with cooking oil spray and set aside.
- Now add the cashews to a small bowl and cover with boiling water. Let them soften while you add the rest of your ‘cheese sauce’ ingredients to your blender or Nutra Bullet. Drain and add the cashews. Blend until the sauce is smooth. Set aside
- Heat a non stick skillet or seasoned cast iron skillet to medium heat. Add the vegan butter and onions a pinch of salt and pepper and cook until softened and browning a little, about 5 minutes. Add in the garlic cook for another minute. Stir in the fresh spinach and cook for a minute or so until the spinach is cooked down and soft.
- Now add the onion spinach mixture and the chopped artichokes to your oven proof dish (I use my 9 inch pie plate) and give it a stir, add the cheese sauce, and stir to combine. Season with some fresh cracked black pepper.
- Bake for 35 minutes. Remove from oven. Set oven to broil. Spray the spinach dip with cooking oil spray and return to the oven. Broil for 2-4 minutes until it is browned and bubbly. Watch carefully so it doesn’t burn.
- Enjoy! Sprinkle with Vegan Parmesan if you like. Serve warm with a toasted, sliced baguette and or veggies. Makes a great vegan chip dip too with tortilla chips or pita chips (Tasty cold too!) For step by step photos see above post.
- Use regular artichokes not marinated as they are to strong and will overpower the dish
- I use my Nutra Bullet for this recipe and it works really well. A good quality blender such as a Vitamix is also an excellent choice!
- *For oil free: Omit all oil in recipe. Sauté the veggies in vegetable stock or water instead of oil.
Keywords: vegan spinach artichoke dip, vegan spinach and artichoke dip, vegan dip, spinach dip, artichoke spinach dip, vegan, vegetarian, easy, best, cheesy, creamy. vegan spinach dip,