Vegan Tzatziki! A cool refreshing greek cucumber yogurt sauce. Perfect dressing for gyros or any mediterranean dish. Easy healthy whole food ingredients. Ready in 10 minutes! Makes a delicious veggie dip! Gluten free, Nut free, oil free, no tofu.
- 1/2 long English cucumber, grated
- 1 and 1/2 cups unsweetened non dairy plain yogurt, I use cultured coconut yogurt
- 1 small garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1-2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tablespoon dill pickle juice
- 1/2-1 teaspoon vegan Worecestershire sauce (optional but tasty if you have it!)
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons dried dill or 1 tablespoon or so of fresh chopped dill
- 1/4 teaspoon each granulated garlic and onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (plus more to taste at end if needed)
- pinch of black pepper
Optional for serving:
- drizzle of olive oil
- cracked black pepper
- fresh chopped dill
- First grate the cucumber and place in a strainer over a bowl. Grab a handful at a time and squeeze out as much liquid as you can. Add to a medium mixing bowl as you go. No need for a food processor!
- Add remaining ingredients and mix everything together. Season with more salt and pepper to taste if necessary and or lemon juice if needed for more zip. Drizzle with olive oil and some fresh chopped dill if you like. Serve right away or refrigerate for later to let the flavours meld and to thicken more. For step by step photos see above post.
- Enjoy the tzatziki with Vegan Gyros, Falafels, Shwarmas, or as a dip with veggies, naan or pita! and many more greek dishes!
- I find 1 clove of garlic plenty but if you want more of a garlic hit add more!
- adjust lemon juice if you like more of a zip to your sauce
- The creamier the yogurt the better the tztaziki sauce! so if you can find a dairy free greek yogurt all the better!
- stay tuned my Vegan Gyros with grilled tofu coming up next, in a couple of days, mmm❤️
- Category: Sauces & Dressings, 30 Minute Vegan Recipes,
- Method: mixing bowl
- Cuisine: Greek
Keywords: vegan tzatziki, dairy free tzatziki, vegan dips, dairy free appetizer, dairy free dips,