Easy Air Fryer Asparagus is a quick and convenient side dish. Tossed in simple seasonings and cooked in under 10 minutes, the tender green spears are finished with a heavenly vegan garlic butter sauce to take every bite to the next level!
- 1 lb fresh asparagus, ends trimmed
1 to 2 teaspoons of oil ( a drizzle)
Pinch of salt and cracked black pepper
2 cloves of garlic, chopped
1 tablespoon vegan butter
1/4 teaspoon garlic salt (not powder)
Lemon wedges and/or balsamic glaze (for serving)
- Place the asparagus in the air fryer, toss with the oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Air fry at 400° for 7 to 9 minutes or until cooked to your liking.
Add the butter and garlic to a small ramekin (make sure it's microwave safe) and heat in the microwave for 30 seconds. Stir in the garlic salt.
Pour the cooked asparagus out onto a serving platter and toss with the garlic butter. Add more salt and pepper if needed.
Serve with lemon wedges and enjoy! For photos, suggestions, tips and more see above post.
- More topping ideas: toasted slivered almonds, nutritional yeast, everything bagel seasoning, chili flakes for a little heat, vegan hollandaise, etc.. For more ideas see above post.
- For oil free asparagus omit the oil and butter. Heat the garlic with a wee bit of veggie broth instead.
- Oven baked: preheat oven to 425° add the asparagus to a parchment lined baking sheet Toss with the oil and salt and pepper. Spread out and roast for 10-20 minutes depending on thickness of asparagus and preferred doneness.
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Cook Time: 9 Minutes
- Category: Snacks & Sides
- Method: Air fryer
- Cuisine: American, Canadian
Keywords: air fryer asparagus, air fried asparagus