Easy Air Fryer Asparagus is a quick and convenient side dish. Tossed in simple seasonings and cooked in under 10 minutes, the tender green spears are finished with a heavenly vegan garlic butter sauce to take every bite to the next level!
If you’re looking to spruce up Vegan Cabbage Rolls or Zuppa Toscana Soup for dinner, why not serve Air Fryer Asparagus on the side? It’s a quick and healthy 10-minute side dish that always turns out tender and firm without needing any excess frying oil. Finished in a luscious vegan garlic butter sauce, your family and friends won’t be able to resist this heavenly recipe!
Learning how to make asparagus in the air fryer is easy. Toss the spring vegetable in oil, air fry in less time than it takes to pre-heat an oven, and serve! You can play with all kinds of toppings to achieve your perfect flavor too. Lemon juice is perfect for spring and chili flakes will add some heat! There are no rules here and no wrong way to serve a simple asparagus side dish.
If you’ve fallen for the asparagus and lemon combo, you’ll definitely want to try my Creamy Vegan Lemon Asparagus Pasta. It’s a fresh and bright meal that’s perfect for celebrating spring.
- Asparagus - Depending on where you live, asparagus is typically available year-round. However, the best asparagus will pop up in grocery stores and farmer’s markets from February to June. The best asparagus will have a deep green color, thick and firm stalks, and vibrant-looking tips. Check out more tips on shopping for the best asparagus!
- Oil - A little oil, salt, and pepper create tender and buttery tasting asparagus. Feel free to omit the oil if you want to make oil free air fryer asparagus.
- Garlic butter - Because garlic butter makes everything better! Fresh garlic cloves, garlic salt, and melted vegan butter come together to give this simple side dish a buttery, luscious finish. Again, if you’d prefer to keep this dish oil free, replace the butter with vegetable broth instead.
Want to mix up the seasonings or toppings? Keep scrolling for more topping and flavor options!
How to trim asparagus
The woody ends on asparagus aren’t fun to eat and should be removed before cooking. To trim the asparagus, use a knife or your hands to snap off the thick bottom half of each asparagus spear (where the light brown turns to green). Discard the woody ends, then cook away!
How to make asparagus in the air fryer
Making asparagus in the air fryer is the most convenient cooking method because it’s so fast and easy. Here’s how it’s done:
- Season the asparagus: Toss the asparagus in oil, salt, and pepper.
- Air fry: Cook the asparagus in the air fryer until it’s cooked to your liking.
- Make the garlic butter: Heat the garlic cloves and butter together in the microwave. Stir in the garlic salt.
- Toss with garlic butter and serve: Transfer the cooked asparagus to a plate and pour the garlic butter on top. Serve with lemon wedges and enjoy! For full ingredients and instructions see printable recipe card below
Oven baked instructions
Place the asparagus on a parchment-lined baking sheet and toss in the oil, salt, and pepper. Roast in a 425ºF oven for 10 to 20 minutes (depending on your preferred doneness), then toss in the garlic butter and serve.
Mix up the flavors and toppings
Celebrate the season, occasion, or an over-the-top dinner with custom-flavored asparagus on the side. There’s lots of room to play here, so get creative with additional flavors, seasonings, and toppings, such as:
- Lemon juice
- Everything bagel seasonings
- Nutritional yeast
- Balsamic glaze
- Chili flakes
- Vegan hollandaise sauce
- Vegan parmesan cheese
- Seasoning salt
More vegan air fryer recipes
Enjoy everyone! Happy Day! Please feel free to comment below and give this recipe a rating. Your feedback is greatly appreciated!Print