This is seriously The Best Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe ever! They’re rich, chewy, loaded with chocolate and walnuts, made in one bowl, and are ready to eat in just 30 minutes. You’ll be hooked after just one bite!
- 1/2 cup vegan butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1/2 cup granulated white sugar*
- 1/4 cup light or dark brown sugar, packed*
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened non dairy milk
- 1 teaspoon unsulphured molasses
- 1 and 1/4 cups all purpose flour, do not pack your flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee , reg or decaffeinated
- 3/4 to 1 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- To a large glass mixing bowl add the melted vegan butter (or melt right in the bowl in microwave) Whisk in the sugars, vanilla, plant milk and molasses.
- Add in the dry ingredients starting with the flour. Then add the baking soda, salt, cinnamon and instant coffee on top of the flour . Stir with a wooden spoon until everything is mixed. Then fold in your vegan chocolate chips and nuts.
- Drop the dough by large spoonfuls or cookie scoop, or roll into balls (about 3 tablespoons per cookie) onto the baking sheet. Flatten the cookies with the bottom of your measuring cup or fingers
- Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes. (for softer cookies remove at 10 minute mark- for slightly crispier cookies cook for 12 minutes). Let cool for a few minutes on the cookie sheet then transfer to a wire rack. Enjoy!
- For nut free: omit the walnuts
- for crispier cookies use all white sugar. Coconut sugar does not work in this recipe
- Flour: gluten free flour will work! have not tested with whole wheat flour, oat flour,- and almond flour will NOT work
- To store and freeze: will stay fresh covered on counter or in the fridge for 4-5 days and they freeze well for a quick sweet treat
This recipe was originally posted Sept 2018 and has been updated with new photos, tips and more. The recipe itself is unchanged
Recipe inspired by Martha Stewart
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Desserts, Sweets , Gluten free
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American, Canadian,
Keywords: vegan chocolate chip cookies