This Cauliflower Potato Salad (Keto and Low Carb) has everything you love about classic potato salad, except for the potatoes! Dressed in a creamy vegan dressing, every bite is light, tangy, and rich. It’s a must have for picnics and barbecues!
- 1 large head of cauliflower, chopped into 1/2 to 1 inch bite size pieces
1/3 cup red onion, diced*
1 celery rib, diced
1/2 red pepper, diced
1/3 cup dill pickle, diced
1/4 cup green onions, chopped (plus more for garnish)
1/2 cup vegan mayonnaise
2 tablespoons dill pickle juice
2 teaspoons dijon mustard, or yellow mustard
1 teaspoon tamari
1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke
1/2 tablespoon dried dill, or 1 tablespoon or so fresh dill
1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon black salt (opt for eggy flavour)
See notes section for optional add ins
- Bring a pot of water with a steamer insert to a boil, add the chopped cauliflower florets, cover and cook until just fork tender, about 5-8 minutes. (or boil cauliflower) Drain in a colander and rinse gently with cold water. Set aside.
While cauliflower is cooking in a large bowl whisk the dressing ingredients together: vegan mayo, dill pickle juice, mustard, tamari, liquid smoke, dill, garlic and black salt if using
Prep the veggies and add them to the bowl along with the cooled cauliflower.
Gently mix everything together until well combined. Season the salad with salt and pepper if needed. Garnish with green onions and sprinkle with paprika if you like. Enjoy! For step by step photos, FAQ, Tips, suggestions see above post
- Optional add ins (not keto): 1 to 2 tablespoons sweet green relish and or chopped tofu bacon (bits)
- You could also use raw cauliflower just let chill in fridge for at least 30 minutes before serving for cauliflower to soften a little and flavours to meld.
- Could add 1/2 cup cubed medium firm tofu to mimic hard boiled eggs
- omit red onions of they are to high in carbs for you and add more green onions if you like and make sure liquid smoke doesn't contain sugar
- To store: will keep covered in fridge for 3-4 days, not suitable for freezing
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 8 Minutes
- Category: Salads, Gluten free, 30 Minute Vegan Recipes
- Method: steaming and mixing bowl
- Cuisine: American, Canadian
Keywords: cauliflower potato salad, vegan cauliflower salad, keto salad, low carb