These Black Bean Brownies are the best you’ll taste! Vegan or otherwise! They are fudgy and flourless, made with dates, almond butter, maple syrup, cocoa and chocolate. Gluten free.
- 2 cans black beans, 540 ml each, ( no salt added) (rinsed and drained)
- 1 cup dates, (soaked)( see notes*)
- 1/2 cup of almond butter
- 1/3 cup of maple syrup, ( see notes*)
- 1/4 cup plant milk of your choice
- 1/2 cup of cocoa
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp instant espresso( coffee)
- 1/2 cup walnuts, (chopped)
- 1 cup chopped dark chocolate, or vegan chocolate chips, ( see notes*)
- 1– 2 tbsp orange zest, ( approx one large orange)
HOW TO MAKE BLACK BEAN BROWNIES:
- Pre heat the oven to 350 degrees
- Soak dates in boiling water for 10-15 minutes, drain, then add the dates to the food processor along with rinsed black beans, process for 1 minute or so and then add the plant milk, maple syrup, and almond butter. Now Process the mixture until smooth, scraping down sides if necessary
- Next add the mixture to a large bowl with the rest of ingredients, and mix well
- Pour the brownie batter into non stick brownie pan, I use a 11 x 7 inch pan
- Bake for 35 minutes then remove from oven and cool in pan on cooling rack
- Lastly Tip the brownies out onto cutting board or cut and serve from pan. your choice
- Makes 15 – 20 brownies, ( depending on how big you cut them😊)
- Try these brownies with my Chocolate Malted Vegan Ice cream
- for the dates , add them to soup bowl and cover with boiling water, soak for 10 – 15 minutes, (it softens the dates and makes them easier to blend), drain before using.
- I like maple syrup with this recipe but you could sugar or sweetener of choice. If using granulated sugar I’d go with 1/3 to 1/2 of a cup.
- for the chocolate I use 2 – 100 gram dark chocolate bars from Walmart. they are cheap and the quality is great!
- If in Canada “Presidents Choice” semi sweet chocolate chips are vegan, (always check label though😊)
- I recommend storing in fridge (if they make it that far), and reheating in microwave, 20 -25 seconds before serving👍
- this recipe is inspire by Minimalist Baker
Keywords: chocolate vegan brownies, best vegan brownies, plant based vegan brownies, recipe, healthy, espresso brownies, vegan, gluten free, flourless, chocolate, gooey, fudgy, best ever, brownies, perfect, chewy, delicious,