This Chocolate Vegan Brownies Recipe is the BEST, they’re rich, gooey and chewy, with hints of orange and coffee. You’d never guess they’re healthy, fat free and gluten free! WHAT! Yup, My Plant Based Black Bean Brownies are amazing!
- 2 cans black beans, 540 ml each, ( no salt added) (rinsed and drained)
- 1 cup dates, (soaked)( see notes*)
- 1/2 cup of almond butter
- 1/3 cup of maple syrup, ( see notes*)
- 1/4 cup plant milk of your choice
- 1/2 cup of cocoa
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp instant espresso( coffee)
- 1/2 cup walnuts, (chopped)
- 1 cup chopped dark chocolate, or chocolate chips, ( see notes*)
- 1– 2 tbsp orange zest, ( approx one large orange)
- Pre heat the oven to 350 degrees
- Soak dates in boiling water for 10-15 minutes, drain, then add the dates to the food processor along with rinsed black beans, process for 1 minute or so and then add the plant milk, maple syrup, and almond butter. Now Process the mixture until smooth, scraping down sides if necessary
- Next add the mixture to a large bowl with the rest of ingredients, and mix well
- Pour the brownie batter into non stick brownie pan, I use a 11 x 7 inch pan
- Bake for 35 minutes then remove from oven and cool in pan on cooling rack
- Lastly Tip the brownies out onto cutting board or cut and serve from pan. your choice
- Makes 15 – 20 brownies, ( depending on how big you cut them😊)
- Try these brownies with my Chocolate Malted Vegan Ice cream
- for the dates , add them to soup bowl and cover with boiling water, soak for 10 – 15 minutes, (it softens the dates and makes them easier to blend), drain before using.
- you can use honey in place of maple syrup. If using granulated sugar instead I’d go with 1/3 to 1/2 of a cup.
- for the chocolate I use 2 – 100 gram dark chocolate bars from Walmart. they are cheap and the quality is great!
- I recommend storing in fridge (if they make it that far), and reheating in microwave, 20 -25 seconds before serving👍
- this recipe is inspire by Minimalist Baker
Keywords: chocolate vegan brownies, best vegan brownies, plant based vegan brownies, recipe, healthy, espresso brownies, vegan, gluten free, flourless, chocolate, gooey, fudgy, best ever, brownies, perfect, chewy, delicious,