These Black Bean Brownies are simple and the best! and they’re vegan and healthy! Fudgy, flourless, made with dates, almond butter, maple syrup, cocoa and chocolate. Egg free, dairy free, gluten free!
- 2 cans black beans, 540 ml each, ( no salt added) (rinsed and drained)
- 1 cup dates, (soaked)( see notes*)
- 1/2 cup of almond butter
- 1/3 cup of maple syrup, ( see notes*)
- 1/4 cup plant milk of your choice, unsweetened
- 1/2 cup of cocoa
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp instant espresso( coffee)
- 1/2 cup walnuts, (chopped)
- 1 cup chopped dark chocolate, or vegan chocolate chips, ( see notes*)
- 1– 2 tbsp orange zest, ( approx one large orange)
HOW TO MAKE VEGAN BLACK BEAN BROWNIES:
- Pre heat the oven to 350 degrees
- Add dates to a bowl, cover with boiling water (from kettle) for 10 minutes (this softens the dates), drain, then add the dates to the food processor along with rinsed black beans, process for 1 minute or so and then add the plant milk, maple syrup, and almond butter. Now Process the mixture until smooth, scraping down sides if necessary
- Next add the mixture to a large bowl with the rest of ingredients, and mix well
- Pour the brownie batter into non stick brownie pan, I use a 11 x 7 inch pan
- Bake for 35 minutes then remove from oven and cool in pan on cooling rack
- Lastly Tip the brownies out onto cutting board or cut and serve from pan. your choice
- Makes 15 – 20 brownies, ( depending on how big you cut them?)
- Try these brownies with my Chocolate Malted Vegan Ice cream
- I like maple syrup with this recipe but you could sugar or sweetener of choice. If using granulated sugar I’d go with 1/3 to 1/2 of a cup.
- for the chocolate I use 2 – 100 gram dark chocolate bars from Walmart (canada). they are cheap and the quality is great!
- If in Canada “Presidents Choice” semi sweet chocolate chips are vegan, (always check label though?)
- I recommend storing in fridge (if they make it that far), and reheating in microwave, 20 -25 seconds before serving?
Keywords: gluten free vegan brownies, vegan brownies, chocolate vegan brownies, best vegan brownies, plant based vegan brownies, recipe, healthy, espresso brownies, vegan, gluten free, flourless, chocolate, gooey, fudgy, best ever, brownies, perfect, chewy, delicious,