This Gooey Fudgy Vegan Brownies recipe is the BEST, they’re rich, gooey and chewy with hints of orange and coffee and you would never guess they’re healthy and gluten free! WHAT!!
My Hubby is addicted to these gooey morsels of yumminess. It took me a few tweaks to perfect these delicious vegan brownies, so needless to say my taste tester (AKA husband Carl) was a happy camper, haha– and no you cannot taste the black beans.😊
This recipe couldn’t be easier, you just need a food processor and you’re set.
I like maple syrup with this recipe but you could use honey or sugar instead, whatever floats your boat.They will be equally delicious either way.
HOW TO MAKE GOOEY FUDGY VEGAN BROWNIES:
I soak the dates in boiling water to soften them before adding them to the processor, 10-15 minutes should do it. Then add your black beans, almond butter ( or peanut butter), plant milk and maple syrup. Voom away till smooth. Scrape it all into bowl add rest of ingredients and voila. I use a non stick pan for this. Bake the brownies for 35 minutes, no longer. They will feel under cooked but will firm up when cool.
That’s it folks! Just remember to cool completely in pan on cooling rack first, if you can wait that long😄
Go get started, soak those dates!
These Vegan Brownies are:
Fudgy & gooey
Try these brownies with my Chocolate Malted Vegan Ice Cream. So good!
Other treats you might enjoy:
Tasty Vegan chocolate chip cookies
Salted Caramel Vegan Chocolate Pie
Nutty Vegan chocolate Truffles
Enjoy you guys! Happy Day☺
Please feel free to comment below. Your feedback is greatly appreciated!
Check out the Best Vegan Brownie video below!Print
This Gooey Fudgy Vegan Brownies recipe is the BEST, they’re rich, gooey and chewy with hints of orange and coffee. You’d never guess they’re healthy and gluten free! What!
- 2 cans black beans, 540 ml each, ( no salt added) (rinsed and drained)
- 1 cup of dates, (soaked)( see notes*)
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/3 cup maple syrup, ( see notes*)
- 1/4 cup plant milk of your choice
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp instant espresso( coffee)
- 1/2 cup walnuts, (chopped)
- 1 cup chopped dark chocolate, or chocolate chips, ( see notes*)
- 1- 2 tbsp orange zest, ( approx one large orange)
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees
- Soak dates in boiling water for 10-15 minutes, drain
- Add to food processor along with rinsed black beans
- Process for 1 minute or so
- Add plant milk, maple syrup, almond butter
- Process till smooth, scraping down sides if necessary
- Add to large bowl with rest of ingredients, mix well
- Pour into non stick brownie pan, I use a 11 x 7 inch pan
- Bake for 35 minutes
- Cool in pan on cooling rack
- Tip out onto cutting board or cut and serve from pan. your choice
- Makes 15 – 20 brownies, ( depending on how big you cut them😊)
- Try these brownies with my Chocolate Malted Vegan Ice cream
- for the dates , add them to soup bowl and cover with boiling water, soak for 10 – 15 minutes, (it softens the dates and makes them easier to blend), drain before using.
- you can use honey in place of maple syrup. If using granulated sugar instead I’d go with 1/3 to 1/2 of a cup.
- for the chocolate I use 2 – 100 gram dark chocolate bars from Walmart. they are cheap and the quality is great!
- I recommend storing in fridge (if they make it that far), and reheating in microwave, 20 -25 seconds before serving👍
Keywords: vegan brownies, best vegan brownies, recipe, healthy, espresso brownies, vegan, gluten free, flourless, chocolate, gooey, fudgy, best ever, brownies, perfect, chewy, delicious,