This Curried Quinoa Salad with Maple Curry Dressing has everything going on, warm curry spices, fresh herbs, bright citrus flavours, nuttiness, and sweet apple crunch and it’s gluten free and vegan too! You HAVE to make this Quinoa salad!
- 1 cup Quinoa
- 2 cups Water
- 1/2 cup Smoked almonds, (rough chopped)
- 3/4 cup Carrots, (grated), see notes*
- 1 Apple, (chopped)
- 1/4 cup Red onion, (finely diced)
- 1/3 to 1/2 Fresh mint, (chopped)
MAPLE CURRY DRESSING:
- 2 to 3 tsp Madras curry paste (or yellow curry paste)
- 2 tbsps Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 & 1/2 tbsps maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp salt
- pinch of pepper
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 3 tbsps oil, ( I use grapeseed), ( or omit completely) see notes*
- 2 green onions,( rough chop)
- juice of 1 lemon
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup water
- Soak quinoa in cold water for 10 minutes, rinse and drain.
- In a medium pot bring to a boil, cover and simmer for 15- 17 minutes
- Turn off heat, let sit covered for 10 minutes, fluff with a fork
- Cool on counter, then in fridge
- To your salad bowl add the cooled quinoa, fruit, nuts, mint, onions, and carrots, and dressing. Mix well
- Mix all ingredients except lemon zest in Nutra Bullet
- Add lemon Zest
- Stir and Enjoy!
- I was able to find heirloom carrots for the salad. Colours look so pretty?
- If you omit the oil I’d start with 2 tsp of curry paste, taste and adjust if necessary
Keywords: vegan salad, quinoa salad, gluten free salad, curry salad,