This Curried Quinoa Salad with Maple Curry Dressing has everything going on, warm curry spices, fresh herbs, bright citrus flavours, nuttiness, and sweet apple crunch and it’s gluten free and vegan too! You HAVE to make this Quinoa salad!
- 1 cup uncooked Quinoa
- 2 cups Water
- 1/2 cup smoked almonds, rough chopped
- 3/4 cup carrots, grated
- 1 apple, cored and chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint, lightly packed
MAPLE CURRY DRESSING:
- 2 to 3 tsp Madras curry paste *
- 2 tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 & 1/2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- pinch of pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 3 tablespoons grapeseed oil*
- 2 small green onions, rough chopped (1/4 –1/3 cup)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, approximately juice of one lemon
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup water
- For the quinoa: Soak the quinoa in water for 10 minutes, rinse drain and add too a medium pot with the 2 cups water. Bring to a boil, cover and reduce to a simmer and cook for 15-17 minutes. Remove from heat, let sit covered for 10 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Cool on counter then in fridge. (you could also use your rice cooker for quinoa it works great!)
- While the quinoa is cooking make the dressing: add all ingredients to your Nutra bullet or blender. Blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Prep the fruit, veggies and fresh mint, add to a salad bowl along with the cooled quinoa.
- Pour over the dressing. Enjoy right away or chill first.
- I use Patak’s madras curry paste for this recipe.
- For oil free: omit the oil
- Optional add ins: roasted cauliflower, fresh chopped mango, and or a few chopped dried cranberries or dried cherries.
- recipe originally published may 28, 2018
Keywords: curried quinoa salad, vegan quinoa salad, quinoa salad, gluten free salad, curry salad, quinoa salad with curry, quinoa curry recipe