This Curried Quinoa Salad Recipe has everything going on, warm curry spices, fresh herbs, bright citrus flavours, nuttiness, and sweet apple crunch. You HAVE to make this salad!
I love this salad you guys, it took a couple of tweeks, a lot of quinoa, lol😳 but so worth the effort.
The recipe is so easy but tastes so complex. It’s a perfect salad to bring to a summer potluck, or even a winter holiday gathering for that matter. It will be devoured!
I recommend soaking the quinoa in cold water for 10 minutes, then rinsing and draining, add fresh water, bring to boil.
Simmer covered for 15-17 minutes, turn off heat, let sit covered for 10 minutes. Fluff with fork, cool on counter, then in fridge. Good to go!
The Maple Curry Dressing I made for the Quinoa salad couldn’t be easier, plop it all in the Nutra Bullet – Done! If you’re avoiding oil, no problem leave it out! Easy peasy👍
I’m a big fan of fruit with curries so the apples mixed with the Maple curry dressing are a match made in heaven, SO GOOD!
You could definitely mix up the ingredients to suit your tastes. Personally I love the combination I’ve made for this salad, The mint, nuts, apples, carrots, and onion mixed with the quinoa and my delicious dressing, YUmm.
So what are you waiting for, get that quinoa soaking!
This Curried Quinoa Salad Recipe is:
Down right Yummy!
Enjoy you guys! Happy Day😊
Please feel free to comment below. Your feedback is greatly appreciated!
Check out the Curried Quinoa Salad Recipe video below!Print
This salad has everything going on, warm spices, fresh herbs, bright citrus flavours, nuttiness, and sweet apple crunch.
- 1 cup Quinoa
- 2 cups Water
- 1/2 cup Smoked almonds, (rough chopped)
- 3/4 cup Carrots, (grated), see notes*
- 1 Apple, (chopped)
- 1/4 cup Red onion, (finely diced)
- 1/3 to 1/2 Fresh mint, (chopped)
MAPLE CURRY DRESSING:
- 2 to 3 tsp Madras curry paste
- 2 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 & 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp salt
- pinch of pepper
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 3 tbsp oil, ( I use grapeseed), ( or omit completely) see notes*
- 2 green onions,( rough chop)
- juice of 1 lemon
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup water
- Soak quinoa in cold water for 10 minutes, rinse and drain.
- Bring to a boil, cover and simmer for 15- 17 minutes
- Turn off heat, let sit covered for 10 minutes, fluff with a fork
- Cool on counter, then in fridge
- Add the fruit, nuts, mint, onions, and carrots, and dressing
- Mix well
- Mix all ingredients except lemon zest in Nutra Bullet
- Add lemon Zest
- Stir and Enjoy!
- I was able to find heirloom carrots for the salad. Colours look so pretty😊
- If you omit the oil I’d start with 2 tsp of curry paste, taste and adjust if necessary
Keywords: vegan salad, quinoa salad, gluten free salad, curry salad,