Melt in your mouth homemade dairy free chocolates that require only 6 easy ingredients, 10 minutes prep time! Rich Creamy Milk free chocolate perfect if you’re lactose intolerant or vegan! Great gift for Valentines day, Christmas, Easter or any holiday! Use any candy mold: Easter eggs, bars, hearts! You name it! Allergen free (no nuts)
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons coconut oil, I use virgin
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder, I use Hershey's 100% natural unsweetened cacao
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract, can use other extract like mint, orange, etc...
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (regular table salt)
- 1/4 teaspoon instant coffee powder, regular or decaffeinated
Optional add ins (use 1 or all):
- 1/4 - 1/3 cup chopped unsalted nuts, regular or roasted, like peanuts, almonds, hazelnuts, etc...
- 1/4 cup or so coconut, regular or toasted
- 2 tablespoons or so dried cranberries or cherries, chopped (this is great if using a chocolate bar mold!)
- Place silicone candy molds on baking sheet or tray (makes transporting easier)
- Using a microwave safe bowl melt coconut oil in microwave (can also melt in pot on stove). Whisk in rest of ingredients until smooth: cocoa, salt, vanilla, maple syrup, instant coffee (and optional ingredients if using- see notes*)
- Pour melted chocolate into molds. Chill in fridge until solid about 30 -40 minutes, depending on how big your molds are.
- Unmold and Enjoy!! Store in a sealed container in fridge for up to 3 weeks. For step by step photos, Q & A and tips see above post
- if adding chopped nuts or dried fruit you can mix with other ingredients or add to mold first
- coconut oil: I use virgin I love the flavour! but you can also use refined. I'm in Canada and I usually buy at Walmart (cheap!) I'm sure Costco is great too!
- chocolate candy molds: I found mine at my local dollar store but they have way better variety at Amazon I think I'll check out, here is link
- If giving as gifts make sure to tell recipient to keep in fridge👍 they will be too soft at room temp
- makes approximately 25 - 40 chocolates depending on size of molds
- Category: Sweets, Gluten Free, Vegan Holiday Recipes
- Method: Microwave bowl/ or stovetop
- Cuisine: American, Canadian,
Keywords: dairy free chocolates, homemade chocolates, vegan chocolates, chocolate recipes