Melt in your mouth homemade dairy free chocolates that require only 6 easy ingredients, 10 minutes prep time! Rich Creamy Milk free chocolate perfect if you’re lactose intolerant or vegan! Great gift for Valentines day, Christmas, Easter or any holiday! Use any candy mold: Easter eggs, bars, hearts! You name it! Allergen free (no nuts)
Wait until you taste these chocolates! They are seriously incredible! Taste like decadent dark chocolate truffles and know one would guess they’re dairy free and naturally vegan! Super easy recipe to prepare too, just melt everything, pour filling into silicone molds and chill!
Made with cocoa powder, coconut oil and 4 more simple ingredients!
Super DIY fun to make at home chocolates from scratch. Kids will love it! They remind me of icy squares you get at Christmas for stocking stuffers! They really do melt in your mouth!!
Taste like there from a fancy chocolate shop- without having to grind cocoa beans or add expensive cocoa butter -pheww!
Best of all they’re refined sugar free, uh yah healthy as a chocolate can get my friends! No chocolate chips added! Bet you can’t eat just one!! No siree!!
And no need to spend a fortune on store bought brands these chocolates are just as good as any pricey organic chocolate bar and totally budget friendly too!
Ingredients needed for homemade dairy free chocolates:
- coconut oil: makes chocolate perfectly melty, use virgin (that's what I use) or refined your choice. Refined has no coconut taste. I think either one is great!
- cocoa powder: I use Hershey's 100 % natural cacao
- maple syrup: adds perfect sweetness to chocolate
- vanilla: adds lovely subtle flavour
- instant coffee: gives a richness to chocolates, doesn't give it a coffee taste
- salt: chocolate and salt are a great combo- salty & sweet vibe!
- coconut (optional): toast it for even more flavour!
- Unsalted roasted nuts (optional): like peanuts, almonds, hazelnuts,etc... great nutty taste and crunchy texture
How to make dairy free chocolates:
- Place candy molds on baking sheet or tray (makes transporting easier)
- Using a microwave safe bowl melt coconut oil in microwave. Whisk in rest of ingredients until smooth: cocoa, salt, vanilla, maple syrup, instant coffee (and optional ingredients if using)
- Pour melted chocolate into silicone candy molds. Chill in fridge until solid about 30 -40 minutes, depending on how big your molds are.
- Unmold and Enjoy!! Store in a sealed container in fridge for up to 3 weeks.
Frequently asked Questions:
Why is my chocolate melting?
- this chocolate recipe is made with coconut oil which is quite soft at room temperature so it's important to store chocolates in fridge.
How long do homemade chocolates keep?
- store in a sealed airtight container where it will keep for up to 3 weeks!
Can I use cocoa butter in place of coconut oil?
- I haven't tried it in this recipe but I'm sure it would work. It is quite pricy and not available in a lot of stores. I find that coconut oil is awesome, readily available and easy to use.
Pro tips for perfect homemade chocolates:
- make sure coconut oil is completely melted so everything mixes together smoothly for pouring
- use silicone molds for easy removal
- chill until chocolate is solid for best results
You'll love this chocolate recipe, it's:
- dairy free
- gluten free
- rich and creamy
- super kid freindly👍
- fun to make
- great treat for special occasions and holidays
Enjoy you guys! Happy Day! Please feel free to comment below and give this recipe a rating. Your feedback is greatly appreciated!
Want more easy chocolate recipes? Check these out!
- Raw Vegan Brownies (Healthy No Bake Recipe, GF)
- The Best Vegan Chocolate Bars Recipe!
- Chocolate Coconut Date Balls (No Bake) (Vegan+GF)
- Chocolate Vegan Mug Cake
- Vegan Chocolate Pie with Salted Caramel (No Bake)
- Best & Easiest Vegan Chocolate Truffles