Sweet and Spicy Chili Garlic Noodles are a quick and easy 15 minute (or less) noodle bowl. They're naturally vegan with a flavor packed asian garlic sauce that has only 5 ingredients! It's the best quick noodle recipe!. Add your favorite protein and veggies and make it a meal!
- 4 tbsps Braggs liquid aminos, (see notes for soy sauce, Tamari options*)
- 1 and 1/2 to 2 and 1/2 tablespoons chili garlic sauce, I use 2 & 1/2 and it's spicy but oh so good
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoons granulated garlic (powder)
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions, green part only, ( 3-4 green onions)
- 8 oz uncooked spaghetti pasta noodles, use gluten free if needed*
This recipe is easily doubled, tripled, etc...
- Cook pasta noodles according to package instructions, drain but don't rinse.
- While pasta is cooking whisk together the sauce ingredients in a small bowl, (not green onions) microwave for 30 seconds or so until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add cooked pasta, and sauce to a medium serving bowl, mix with tongs. Garnish with green onions
- Serve and Enjoy! For step by step photos, serving suggestions and more see above post
- I definitely recommend using Braggs for this recipe. Low sodium soy sauce can be used but will be saltier. Lite Tamari might work but I haven't tried it
- Use any noodles for this dish, rice noodles for gluten free, soba noodles, ramen, etc,..
- Feel free to add steamed veggies, tofu, toasted sesame seeds or whatever floats your boat. I like these noodles as is for a quick and easy noodle bowl snack on my couch.
- I would say this recipe feeds 2 people for a meal and 4 people for a snack.
This recipe was originally posted December 2018 and has been updated. The recipe itself is unchanged
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Mains
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Asian
Keywords: chili garlic noodles. sweet and spicy noodles, garlic noodles, vegan garlic noodles, sticky garlic noodles, spicy noodles