Delicious and Easy Pumpkin Cupcakes that are Vegan! These cupcakes are Moist, fluffy, perfectly spiced and topped with a creamy pumpkin spice frosting. Eggless and dairy free!
- 1 recipe Vegan Cream Cheese Frosting
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon cloves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15 oz) (398 ml) can pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup oil, I used grapeseed oil
- 1/2 cup unsweetened plant milk
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- chopped pecans or walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350° line 2 non stick 12 cup muffin pans with 18 cupcake liners
- Sift all the dry ingredients in a medium mixing bowl and set aside.
- Next add all the wet ingredients to a large mixing bowl, and whisk until smooth.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and whisk until smooth.
- Evenly divide the cupcake batter between the 18 muffin cups. Fill the remaining 6 muffin cups 1/4 the way full with water to prevent buckling and promote even baking.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- While the cupcakes are baking make the Vegan Cream Cheese Frosting and set in the fridge until needed.
- Cool cupcakes in muffin tins for a couple of minutes and then remove them to a cooling rack. Once completely cool, frost your cupcakes and add some chopped pecans or walnuts. Enjoy!
They will keep covered in the fridge for up to a week.
Can you freeze Cupcakes?
- Absolutely! Wrap cooled unfrosted cupcakes individually in plastic wrap and or store in a large freezer bag or Tupperware container. They will keep in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Tips and Tricks for Perfect Cupcakes:
- Always check to make sure your baking powder and soda are fresh and not expired, other wise your baked goods might not rise properly.
- Spray muffin liners lightly with cooking spray. Cupcakes will be easier to remove (optional but recommended)
- If there isn't enough batter to fill all the cups, fill the empty ones 1/4 to halfway with water. This will ensure the cupcakes bake evenly.
Keywords: vegan pumpkin cupcakes, pumpkin cupcakes, cream cheese frosting, moist, fluffy, spiced, eggless, dairy free, vegan,