Delicious and Easy Pumpkin Cupcakes that are Vegan! These cupcakes are Moist, fluffy, perfectly spiced and topped with a creamy pumpkin spice frosting. Eggless and dairy free!
If you love pumpkin pie, pumpkin cake, cookies or muffins than you'll absolutely love these vegan pumpkin cupcakes!! Full of flavour and pumpkin spices and topped with a creamy vegan cupcake frosting (made with cream cheese) and chopped pecans! Guaranteed to be loved by everyone! No one would guess they’re eggless and dairy free.
Instead of adding the pecans to the cupcake batter I thought why not sprinkle the nuts right on top of the cream cheese frosting! I like the added nutty flavour and crunchy texture. It's the perfect touch they're delicious!!
So there's no need to run to the store and buy a boxed cake mix (yes a lot of cake mixes are vegan) this simple pumpkin cupcake recipe is healthier and tastes better!
This recipe makes 18 cupcakes. I always use large muffin liners for my cupcake recipes.
What are the ingredients in my Vegan Pumpkin Cupcakes?
- Canned Pumpkin purée
- Plant milk
- Brown sugar
- White sugar
- Pumpkin spices
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- 1 recipe vegan cream cheese frosting
- Chopped pecans or walnuts
How to make my Pumpkin Cupcakes:
Preheat the oven to 350° line 2 non stick 12 cup muffin pans with 18 cupcake liners
Sift all the dry ingredients in a medium mixing bowl and set aside.
Next add all the wet ingredients to a large mixing bowl, and whisk until smooth.
Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and whisk until smooth.
Evenly divide the cupcake batter between the 18 muffin cups. Fill the remaining 6 muffin cups ¼ the way full with water to prevent buckling and promote even baking.
Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
While the cupcakes are baking make the Vegan Cream Cheese Frosting.
Cool in muffin tins for a couple of minutes and then remove cupcakes to a cooling rack. Once completely cool, frost your cupcakes. Enjoy!
For full recipe ingredients and instructions see recipe card below.
Can you freeze Cupcakes?
- Absolutely! Wrap cooled unfrosted cupcakes individually in plastic wrap and or store in a large freezer bag or Tupperware container. They will keep in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Tips and Tricks for Perfect Cupcakes:
- Always check to make sure your baking powder and soda are fresh and not expired, other wise your baked goods might not rise properly.
- Spray muffin liners lightly with cooking spray. Cupcakes will be easier to remove (optional but recommended)
- If there isn't enough batter to fill all the cups, fill the empty ones ¼ to halfway with water. This will ensure the cupcakes bake evenly.
Enjoy guys! Happy day to you? feel free to leave a comment and a rating below. I would love to hear from you.
More Vegan Cupcake and Cake recipes:
- Best Vegan Chocolate Cake Ever!
- The Best Vegan Carrot Cake
- Vegan Chocolate Cupcakes with Chocolate Frosting
- Vegan Black Bean Brownies (Healthy + GF)
This recipe is adapted from Sally's Baking AddictionPrint