You will LOVE my Spicy Sweet and Sour Ramen Soup Recipe. It's quick and easy and ready in 10 minutes, give or take and with only a handful of ingredients. This Ramen Noodle Soup is Umami good and Vegan too!
- 1/2 package smoked tofu, chopped into small cubes
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms, (optional but tasty)
- 1/4 cup roasted red peppers, jarred, (optional)
- 2 and 1/2 tbsps red curry paste
- 2 tbsps Better than Bouillon Vegetarian No Chicken soup Base
- 2 tsp (or more) chili garlic sauce
- 3/4 cup sauerkraut, drained REALLY well
- 5 cups water
- 2 packages Ramen noodles, discard the seasoning packets ( there are a lot of oil and preservative free ramen noodles available in stores now)
- sliced green onions, (green part only)
- chopped fresh herbs like cilantro and basil
- First start by adding all ingredients, except your instant noodles to your soup pot Bring everything to a boil on high heat.
- Next add in the noodles, turn down heat to a lower boil and cook for a few minutes until noodles are done, don't overcook. Remove from the heat. Stir and serve. Voila ramen noodle soup in a flash!
- Lastly garnish your bowl with some chopped green onions and fresh herbs, if that's your thing! Enjoy! Step by step photos in above post
- I do not recommend Thai Kitchen Brand Red Curry Paste. I do not like the flavour.
- For a more sour flavour add some sauerkraut juice 1 tbsp at a time, tasting as you go?
- If you'd like a sweeter broth feel free to add a tsp or two of sugar.
- if you'd prefer your soup on the mild side just omit the chili garlic sauce, want it spicer add more?
- If you don't have veggies on hand the soup will still be super tasty!
- fresh herbs and green onions are optional. Tasty either way.
- Category: Soups
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Asian
Keywords: ramen noodle soup, ramen soup, spicy, easy, ramen noodles,