You will LOVE my Spicy Sweet and Sour Instant Ramen Noodle Soup Recipe. This quick and easy ramen soup is ready in 10 minutes, give or take and with only a handful of ingredients. It’s Umami good and Vegan.
- 1/2 package smoked tofu, chopped into small cubes
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms, (optional but tasty)
- 1/4 cup roasted red peppers, jarred, (optional but tasty)
- 2 and 1/2 tbsps red curry paste
- 2 tbsps Better than Bouillon Vegetarian No Chicken soup Base
- 2 tsp (or more) chili garlic sauce
- 3/4 cup sauerkraut, drained REALLY well
- 5 cups water
- 2 packages Ramen ( discard the seasoning packets)
- sliced green onions, (green part only)
- chopped fresh herbs like cilantro and basil
- First start by adding all ingredients, except your instant noodles to your soup pot and bring everything to a full boil on high heat.
- Next add in the ramen noodles, and give the soup a quick stir. Cover and remove the soup from the heat. After 3-5 minutes uncover the soup, stir and serve.
- Lastly Garnish your bowl with fresh herbs and green onions if thats your thing😊
- I do not recommend Thai Kitchen Brand Red Curry Paste. I do not like the flavour.
- For a more sour flavour add some sauerkraut juice 1 tbsp at a time, tasting as you go😊
- If you’d like a sweeter broth feel free to add a tsp or two of sugar.
- if you’d prefer your soup on the mild side just omit the chili garlic sauce, want it spicer add more👍
- If you don’t have veggies on hand the soup will still be super tasty!
- fresh herbs and green onions are optional. I usually make this soup without them, but definitely tasty either way.
Keywords: ramen noodle soup,