You will LOVE my Spicy Sweet and Sour Ramen Soup Recipe. It's quick and easy and ready in 10 minutes, give or take and with only a handful of ingredients. This Ramen Noodle soup is Umami good and Vegan too!
Everyone likes instant ramen noodles! Am I right! I grew up eating these noodles but my friends and I called them ichiban noodles. They were super tasty and still are, but these days I prefer ditching the flavour packet for a tastier and healthier homemade vegan ramen recipe.
The good news is you can make a way better ramen noodle broth without the flavour packet and in record time. That's one of the great draws of ramen, right!- is how fast, easy and tasty these noodle bowls are to prepare, and the flavour possibilities are endless!
This delicious vegan ramen soup is asian inspired and made with Red curry paste, Sauerkraut (yes you read that right?), Better Than Bouillon Vegetarian No Chicken Soup Base (my favourite veggie soup base), Smoked tofu, Chili garlic sauce if you want it spicy, and some optional but recommended veggies and of course Instant Ramen Noodles.
Together these flavours create a quick & delicious umami flavoured broth.
Saurekraut works beautifully in this soup, creating a perfect sweet and sour flavour, similar to what kimchi would do.
I always have sauerkraut in my fridge because I may have a slight addiction to Field Roast Frankfurters (in a bun with mustard and sauerkraut, omg so good,lol), but hey thats a whole other post, haha.
How to make Spicy Sweet & Sour Vegan Ramen Soup:
- First start by adding all ingredients, except your instant noodles to your soup pot Bring everything to a boil on high heat.
- Next add in the noodles, turn down heat to a lower boil and cook for a few minutes until noodles are done, don't overcook. Remove from the heat. Stir and serve. Voila ramen noodle soup in a flash!
- Lastly garnish your bowl with some chopped green onions and fresh herbs, if that's your thing? Full recipe instructions and ingredients in the recipe card below.
What does Ramen mean?
- Ramen is traditionally a Japanese dish of quick cooking Chinese style wheat noodles ( Japanese noodle soup) that are usually served in a broth and sometimes meat and vegetables are added.
What are Instant ramen noodles?
- Instant ramen noodles are typically made with wheat flour, oil and salt and are precooked and dried into block form before packaging. There are also oil free and preservative free options widely available in stores.
Where do you buy smoked tofu?
- Smoked tofu is available at lot of grocery stores. I buy mine at Walmart.
Recommendations for you:
- I highly recommend J-Lek Red Curry Paste. It is my favourite Thai red curry paste by far. I buy this brand in my local grocery store, if you can’t find it in your area, here is a link for you
- And of course I always recommend Vegetarian Better Than Bouillon Soup Base, it adds so much flavour to soups, stews, sauces, etc,...
Ok lets make some Spicy Sweet & Sour Vegan Ramen Noodle Soup! You will love this soup, it's:
QUICK & EASY
CHEAP TO MAKE
Some of my other Vegan Soup Recipes you would like:
Enjoy Everyone? Happy Day to you! I'd love your feedback, feel free to comment and leave a star rating below?Print