Roasted Vegan Cauliflower Soup: delicious creamy dairy free soup recipe that’s vegan, super easy, with roasted cauliflower, healthy veggies in a full flavoured broth. Nut free, gluten free!
For roasted cauliflower:
- 1 medium-large head of cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons oil, I use grapeseed oil but use your favourite, olive oil, canola, vegetable etc..
- pinch salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon oil, I use grapeseed oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 4 and 1/2 cups water
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoons better than bouillon vegetarian no chicken soup base
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 3/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 -2 tablespoons lemon juice to taste (reserve until the end of cooking)
- Preheat oven to 425° Line a large baking sheet with parchment.
- Slice the head of cauliflower down the middle lengthwise and cut out the core. Pull off the florets and cut into slices. Add to the baking sheet. Drizzle over the oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Toss everything together (I use my hands) and spread evenly on the sheet pan.
- Bake for 35 minutes tossing halfway through cooking. When cool enough to handle give it all a rough chop
- When the cauliflower is almost finished baking start the soup: Set your soup pot or Dutch Oven over medium heat. Add the onions, carrots, celery and garlic, oil and pinch of salt and pepper. Sauté for 5 minutes or so until veggies are softening.
- Now add the water, bouillon, nutritional yeast, salt, spices and roasted cauliflower (reserve lemon juice until the end of cooking) Bring to a boil on high heat. Cover reduce to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes or so until the veggies are tender.
- Remove 4 big ladles of soup (4-5 cups) and puree in blender. Pour back into soup. Season with salt and pepper, stir in the lemon juice. If soup is too thick add a splash or two of vegetable broth. Enjoy! Serve with my no knead artisan bread for a tasty lunch or lite dinner!
- could use vegetable broth in place of water and bouillon but I highly recommend trying recipe as is!
- soup will keep covered in fridge for up to 5 days and freezes well. Great to make ahead and freeze for meal prep!
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 45 Minutes
- Category: Soups, Gluten free,
- Method: Stovetop/Oven
- Cuisine: American, Canadian
Keywords: vegan cauliflower soup, roasted cauliflower soup, roasted cauliflower soup vegan, vegan soups,