Crispy tofu, perfectly seasoned potatoes and veggies all rolled up to create the Best Vegan Breakfast Burritos ever! Freezer friendly and easily gluten free!
- 8 – 10 , ten inch tortillas of choice
- one block extra form tofu, (lightly pressed and diced)
- 4 – 5 cups peeled and chopped potatoes, about 4 – 5 medium potatoes, ( I like red potatoes )
- 1 cup chopped onion, ( 1 medium onion)
- 1 cup chopped green pepper,( 1 green pepper)
- 3 cups mushrooms, (sliced)
- 1 cup zucchini,(diced)
- 1 cup chopped tomato,(1 large tomato)
- 1 cup fresh spinach,(chopped) ( firmly packed)
- 1 tsp bouillon paste, ( see notes*)
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tbsp oil,(optional)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- 1 tbsp tamari or Coconut aminos
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp sage ( powder)
- 1 tsp ground fennel
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary, (finely chopped)
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes,(optional)
- 1/2 tsp black salt(see notes)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Slice tofu length wise into 3 pieces, press lightly between paper towels, then dice tofu into cubes.
- Dice potatoes and chop green peppers into bite size pieces, 3/4 inch or so
- Add the above ingredients to large bowl with the salt & pepper, garlic and 1 tbsp oil, mix well
- Place on parchment lined baking sheet,( I use an 15×21 baking sheet for this recipe)and Bake for 30 minutes, no stirring necessary
- While the veggies are baking, add 1 tbsp oil ,mushrooms and zucchini to large saute pan (I use non stick) add a twist or two of salt and pepper mill, saute for couple minutes
- Add rest of ingredients (except tomatoes and spinach and veggies from oven), and cook for another minute or two
- Remove from heat when mushrooms are tender and zucchini still has a bite to it
- Add in the tomatoes, spinach and veggies from the oven, mix everything together. Season with salt and pepper if necessary
- Add 3/4 to 1 cup filling to a tortilla, wrap it up. Crisp burrito for a couple of minutes on each side in dry pan on med heat
- Slice in half and Enjoy with your favourite condiments, (ketchup, hot sauce, salsa)!
- I mix 1 tsp of “Better than Bouillon Vegetarian No Beef Soup Base” with the 1/4 cup of water, I love the flavour , but of course you can just use 1/4 veggie broth instead of water and omit the bouillon.
- Black salt is optional of course, I love the eggy flavour it adds
- For gluten free use gluten free tortillas
- I wrap burritos in plastic wrap and freeze individually
- To REHEAT from frozen: unwrap and heat in MICROWAVE, then crisp in pan, OR place frozen burrito in 350 degree OVEN, cover lightly with foil. Bake for approx 12 min, turning halfway.
- Nutrient chart below was calculated without the tortillas
Keywords: vegan breakfast burritos, gluten free, tofu, freezer friendly, vegan, breakfast, burritos, freezer, friendly, healthy, recipe, potatoes, easy, best,