These Freezer Friendly Vegan Breakfast Burritos are UMAMI Good, and they’re Healthy and Gluten free! These Tofu Breakfast Burritos are my absolute favourite breakfast! They are so easy and freeze beautifully. I have them at least 3 times a week, haha
This recipe makes quite a few Burritos so stash the rest in your freezer for a fast and easy breakfast or snack.
I knew I had to come up with a savoury breakfast for myself when I started cutting eggs out of my diet- Enter Tofu, veggies and potatoes- Win win👍 I’ve been tweaking this recipe for awhile now. I am so happy with the outcome! These are some Tasty Tofu burritos folks.
HOW TO MAKE FREEZER FRIENDLY TOFU BREAKFAST BURRITOS:
You’ll need one block of extra firm tofu, sliced lengthwise into 3 pieces and lightly pressed between paper towels and diced. Place on large sheet tray with the potatoes, onions and green peppers. Bake it in the oven, no stirring necessary!
While the tofu and veggies are getting all crispy in the oven, sauté some mushrooms and zucchini with some herbs and spices. Toss in some tomatoes and spinach at the end. Add both mixtures together. Voila!
Don’t worry if your mushroom mixture seems to wet. The potatoes will sop up all those delicious pan juices.
There you have it guys add your burrito mix to your wrap, roll it up, crisp it up and Devour!
Freeze the rest for a rainy day.( I like mine with ketchup on the side😏),
These Freezer Friendly Tofu Breakfast Burritos are:
Enjoy You Guys! Happy Day😊
Feel free to comment below. Your feedback is greatly appreciated!
Freezer friendly Tofu Breakfast Burritos video below!
These Freezer Friendly Vegan Breakfast Burritos are UMAMI Good! and they’re Healthy and Gluten free!
- 8 – 10 , ten inch tortillas of choice
- one block extra form tofu, (lightly pressed and diced)
- 4 – 5 cups chopped potatoes, about 4 – 5 medium potatoes, ( not russets )
- 1 cup chopped onion, ( 1 medium onion)
- 1 cup chopped green pepper,( 1 green pepper)
- 3 cups mushrooms, (sliced)
- 1 cup zucchini,(diced) ( small zucchini)
- 1 cup chopped tomato,(1 large tomato)
- 1 cup fresh spinach,(chopped) ( firmly packed)
- 1 tsp bouillon paste, ( see notes*)
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tbsp oil,(optional)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- 1 tbsp tamari or Coconut aminos
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp sage ( powder)
- 1 tsp ground fennel
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary, (finely chopped)
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes,(optional)
- 1/2 tsp black salt(see notes)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Slice tofu length wise into 3 pieces, press lightly between paper towels, then dice tofu
- Dice potatoes ,3/4 inch thick or so
- Chop green peppers
- Add the above ingredients to large bowl with the salt & pepper ,garlic and 1 tbsp oil, mix well
- Place on parchment lined baking sheet,( I use an 15×21 baking sheet for this recipe)
- Bake 30 minute, no stirring necessary
- Add 1 tbsp oil ,mushrooms and zucchini to large saute pan
- Add a twist or two of salt and pepper mill, saute for couple minutes
- Add rest of ingredients except tomatoes and spinach, cook for another minute or two
- Remove from heat when mushrooms are tender and zucchini still has a bite to it
- Add tomatoes and spinach ,stir
- Combine both mixtures together, stir well
- Adjust seasonings if necessary
- Add 3/4 to 1 cup filling to a tortilla, wrap it up
- Crisp burrito for a couple of minutes on each side in dry pan on med heat
- Slice in half
- Enjoy with your favourite condiments, (ketchup, hot sauce, salsa)
- I mix 1 tsp of “Better than Bouillon Vegetarian No Beef Soup Base” with the 1/4 cup of water, I love the flavour , but of course you can just use 1/4 veggie broth instead of water and omit the bouillon.
- Black salt is optional of course, I love the eggy flavour it adds
- I wrap burritos in plastic wrap and freeze individually
- To REHEAT from frozen: unwrap and heat in MICROWAVE, then crisp in pan, OR place frozen burrito in 350 degree OVEN, cover lightly with foil. Bake for approx 12 min, turning halfway.
- Nutrient chart below was calculated without the tortillas
Keywords: tofu breakfast burritos, vegan breakfast, gluten free, tofu, freezer friendly, vegan, breakfast, burritos, freezer, friendly, healthy, recipe, potatoes, easy, best,