This is the Best Vegan Carrot Cake, the flavour is top notch and it’s simple to make with everyday ingredients! Super moist (thanks to pineapple and yogurt) and perfectly spiced. Great for Easter or any occasion or just because!
WET INGREDIENTS FOR CARROT CAKE:
- 3 cups grated carrots, (don’t skimp) I use a boxed grater
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 3/4 cup plain unsweetened vegan yogurt, I use Silk Cultured Coconut Plain
- 1/2 cup oil, I use grapeseed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup white sugar
DRY INGREDIENTS FOR CARROT CAKE:
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder ( make sure it is fresh and not expired)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves, (make sure it’s levelled)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 recipe Vegan Cream Cheese Frosting
- Start by preheating your oven to 350° then lightly grease a 2 – 9 inch round non stick cake pans. I also line my pans with parchment paper rounds and lightly grease them.
- In a medium mixing bowl add all the dry ingredients and whisk together and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl add the wet ingredients and whisk till combined
- Now add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and whisk until completely combined
- Distribute the batter evenly into your two prepared baking pans
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool the cakes on a cooling rack in the pans for 20 minutes. Then remove from pans and cool completely on rack
- While cakes are cooling make Vegan Cream Cheese Frosting if using
- When the cakes are completely cooled, frost with icing if using. Garnish with chopped walnuts if you like.
- Keep Cake covered and refrigerated until ready to serve. Carrot Cake will keep in the fridge for up to 1 week. Enjoy!
- pulse crushed pineapple in food processor a couple of times, if wanting it less chunky
- You can sub apple sauce for pineapple
- Sub pecans for walnuts
- Add in 1/2 a cup of raisins if that’s your thing!
- Bake in a 9×13 cake pan instead of a two layer cake
Keywords: vegan carrot cake, best vegan carrot cake, moist, pineapple, easy, easter, yogurt, occasion, walnuts, perfect,