Vegan Carrot Cake, topped with cream cheese frosting! The best flavour using simple ingredients! Perfectly spiced, incredibly moist with pineapple, and yogurt. Great for Easter or any occasion.
I absolutely love this Vegan Carrot Cake and it is so simple to make and one of my favourite cake recipes. with two super moist layers and a the best cream cheese frosting - what's not to like right! 😊 It really is the best vegan carrot cake made with love, wait until you will taste it!!❤️
It's the perfect dessert in my opinion - just the right amount of sweetness and you feel good when eating it. It tastes totally indulgent, but with a sense of healthy. Must be all the carrots! Lol! I made this cake for my daughters birthday in April and everyone loved it!!
How to make Vegan Carrot Cake:
First of all let me say this is a super easy recipe! There is no need for a stand mixer or hand mixer! The cake comes together easily with a whisk.
In a medium mixing bowl add all the dry ingredients: all purpose flour, spices, baking powder, baking soda, salt and nuts. Whisk together and set aside.
In a large mixing bowl add the wet ingredients: raw carrots, vegan yogurt, oil, sugars, pineapple, and vanilla. Whisk until combined.
Now add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and whisk until completely combined
Distribute the cake batter evenly into your two prepared baking pans
Bake for 40-45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool the cakes on a cooling rack in the pans for 20 minutes. Then remove from pans and cool completely on rack
When the cakes are completely cooled, frost with my Vegan Cream Cheese Frosting if using. Garnish with chopped walnuts if you like.
Keep Cake covered and refrigerated until ready to serve. Carrot Cake will keep in the fridge for up to 1 week. Enjoy! For full recipe ingredients and instructions see recipe card below.
What makes this Vegan Carrot Cake the Best?
- Loads of raw carrots so don’t skimp
- Crushed pineapple and yogurt to make it super moist ( no need for apple cider vinegar)
- Chopped walnuts for great texture and a slightly nutty flavour
- Perfect amount of cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves
- Salt to compliment and balance all the flavours
- And of course my super delicious Vegan Cream cheese Frosting! So Good!
Substitutions and add ins for Vegan Carrot Cake:
- You can substitute unsweetened apple sauce for pineapple
- Sub pecans for walnuts
- Add in 1/2 a cup of raisins if that’s your thing!
- Bake in a 9x13 cake pan instead of a two layer cake, or make a sheet cake or cupcakes!
- feel free to ice the cake with your favourite vegan buttercream frosting instead of cream cheese icing!
Ok all you bakers let's make some Vegan carrot Cake you'll be glad you did. it’s:
perfect for any occasion
loved by everyone
Enjoy guys! Happy day to you? feel free to leave a comment and a rating below. I would love to hear from you.
Want more Vegan Cake Recipes? here you go!
- Best Vegan Chocolate cake
- Chocolate Vegan Brownies (Healthy)
- Chocolate Vegan Cupcakes
- Salted Caramel Vegan Chocolate Tart
- Best Vegan Chocolate Banana Bread Ever! (Easy Recipe)
- 1 Bowl Vegan Lemon Loaf with Lemon Drizzle (Starbucks Copycat)