This Vegan Egg Salad tastes like the real deal! And it’s eggless! Spread it on your favourite sandwich bread for and amazing plant protein packed Lunch! You won’t believe how good it is! Only 9 ingredients, and ready in 15 minutes!
- 1 (454 gram) (1 lb) block medium firm tofu
- 1/3 cup vegan mayonnaise, I use Vegenaise
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 3/4 teaspoon black salt
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated onion
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 tablespoon dill pickle juice
- 1 teaspoon tamari
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard, or dijon
- salt and pepper to taste, if needed (optional)
- loaf of bread, (8-12 slices)
- crispy lettuce: like butter lettuce, red or green lettuce, romaine, iceberg or mixed salad greens.
Optional add ins:
- 1 small green onion, diced*
- Whisk the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl : mayo, mustard, Tamari, black salt, celery salt, granulated onion, pickle juice and nutritional yeast. Set aside
- Drain the tofu and wrap in some paper towel and lightly press with your hands to remove excess moisture. On a cutting board, cut the tofu into thin slabs, then cut the slabs into strips and then into small cubes. Add to a medium mixing bowl.
- Pour the dressing on top of the tofu and mix everything together. Season with salt and pepper if needed.
- Cover and chill in the fridge for 20-30 minutes or longer so the flavours develop (recommended) or enjoy right away if you have no patience!
- Now grab some bread slices, crispy lettuce and your egg salad mix and build your sandwich. Enjoy with a side of potato chips! Yum! For step by step photos see above post 🔼
- The salad will keep covered for up to three days in the refrigerator.
- The vegan egg salad is gluten free. To make the sandwich gluten free use gluten free bread
- feel free to add green onions. I kept them optional because I'm not fond of them in this recipe but I know others that enjoy them.
- This is great meal prep for lunches: Bring to work as a salad with crackers and veggies or a make ahead sandwich or wrap!
- If you cant find black salt locally you can find it here at Amazon where I purchase mine.
- Calories are calculated for 6 servings with bread and lettuce included.
- Category: Mains, Gluten Free
- Method: mixing bowl / no bake
- Cuisine: American, Canadian, Vegan
Keywords: vegan egg salad, vegan egg salad sandwich, easy, best, eggy, black salt, tofu, vegan mayonnaise,