Instantly satisfy your sweet tooth with this delicious & easy Chocolate Vegan Mug Cake. Cooks in the microwave in 1 minute! Egg free and dairy free!
- 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon espresso powder (instant coffee granules), regular or decaffeinated
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon salt (a pinch)
- 2 tablespoons dairy free chocolate chips (plus more more serving)
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 1 tablespoon oil, I use grape seed oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
To make the mug cake:
- Add the dry ingredients: flour, cocoa powder, salt, instant coffee granules, sugar, baking powder, to a microwavable coffee mug (must hold at least 1 and 1/2 cups of liquid) and stir with a small whisk or a spoon.
- Pour in the wet ingredients: water, oil, vanilla. Mix the batter until smooth. Stir in 1 tablespoon of chocolate chips. Sprinkle the other tablespoon of chocolate chips on top.
- Cook in the microwave for 60 seconds.
- Sprinkle with a few more chocolate chips. Grab a spoon and dig in! Add a small scoop of vegan vanilla ice cream if you like.
- for gluten free: substitute gluten free flour in place of white flour
- my microwave is 1100 watts so times may vary depending on your microwave
- Prep Time: 4 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 minute
- Category: Sweets, Gluten free
- Method: microwave
- Cuisine: American, Canadian
Keywords: vegan mug cake, mug cake, chocolate mug cake, chocolate vegan mug cake, moist, gooey, chocolatey, easy, simple, espresso, 1 minute, chocolate cake,