Classic Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies with a hint of coconut! Crunchy, chewy, and melt in your mouth delicious. Easy ingredients and made in 1 bowl!
- 1/2 cup refined coconut oil, melted but not hot
- 1/2 cup peanut butter, I use natural smooth unsalted peanut butter
- 1/4 cup unsweetened plant milk
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 and 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup unsweetened dried coconut
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a large cookie sheet (or two smaller ones) with parchment paper and set aside.
- Add all the wet ingredients to a large mixing bowl: melted coconut oil, peanut butter, vanilla, plant milk and sugar. Whisk until smooth
- Add in the dry ingredients starting with the flour. Then add the baking powder, baking soda, salt and coconut on top of the flour . Stir with a wooden spoon until everything is mixed.
- Drop the dough by heaped spoonfuls roughly 2 inches apart onto the parchment lined cookie sheet. With a fork press down on each cookie in the classic criss cross pattern. You should get 16 cookies.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Let cool on the pan for a couple of minutes and then remove cookies to a cooling rack. Enjoy! For step by step photos see above post.
I bake my cookies for 12 minutes, for softer peanut butter cookies bake for 10 minutes.
- the cookies will keep covered on counter for 5-7 days and freeze well.
- you can substitute apple sauce for oil.
Keywords: vegan peanut butter cookies, classic vegan peanut butter cookies, easy, best, crunchy, chewy, perfect, simple, 1 bowl, smooth,