Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies with classic soft crunchy chewy melt in your mouth texture! It’s an easy 1 bowl recipe with healthy ingredients! Delicious 20 minute recipe! Freezer friendly!
- 1/2 cup refined coconut oil, melted but not hot
- 1/2 cup peanut butter, I use natural smooth unsalted peanut butter
- 1/4 cup unsweetened plant milk
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 and 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup unsweetened dried coconut
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a large cookie sheet (or two smaller ones) with parchment paper and set aside.
- Add all the wet ingredients to a large mixing bowl: melted coconut oil, peanut butter, vanilla, plant milk and sugar. Whisk until smooth
- Add in the dry ingredients starting with the flour. Then add the baking powder, baking soda, salt and coconut on top of the flour . Stir with a wooden spoon until everything is mixed.
- Drop the dough by heaped spoonfuls (or roll into balls) roughly 2 inches apart onto the parchment lined cookie sheet. With a fork press down on each cookie in the classic criss cross pattern. You should get 16 cookies.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Let cool on the pan for a couple of minutes and then remove cookies to a cooling rack. Enjoy! For step by step photos see above post.
I bake my cookies for 12 minutes, for softer peanut butter cookies bake for 10 minutes.
- you can substitute unsweetened apple sauce for oil.
Substitutions for peanut butter:
- you can use crunchy peanut butter in place of smooth. I use natural peanut butter but you can use any type you’d like.
- use almond butter instead of peanut butter
- if you have a nut allergy feel free to sub Sunbutter make from sunflower seeds or Wow Butter which is made with soy instead of peanuts. Both great nut free alternatives!
Can I freeze the cookie dough?
- yes after you have rolled the peanut butter dough into balls, make the classic criss cross pattern and place on a parchment lined baking sheet and freeze. Once frozen place the raw cookies into a freezer bag and freeze! Will keep for up to 2 months in the freezer. When ready to bake place on a prepared cookie sheet and bake! (might have to bake a minute or 2 longer) Once baked they will keep covered on the counter at room temperature for 5-7 days or in the fridge for 10-12 days.
- the baked cookies freeze well also. Keep in a freezer bag or container for up to 2 months.
Keywords: vegan peanut butter cookies, classic vegan peanut butter cookies, easy, best, crunchy, chewy, perfect, simple, 1 bowl, smooth,