Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies! Delicious and easy 1 bowl 20 minute recipe with classic soft crunchy chewy melt in your mouth texture! Healthy ingredients! Freezer friendly!
These are the best vegan peanut butter cookies recipe ever and so easy to make!
Who loves peanut butter?…Peanut butter cookies are my husbands favourite cookies so he says lol, (apparently so are chocolate chip ) haha. So when I veganized my old recipe he was so happy! Yup a vegan peanut butter cookie recipe that is egg free, dairy free and you’d never know it! Super tasty, peanutty and scrumptious! I added some dried unsweetened coconut which made all the flavours pop!
The cookie dough is really simple and is made with healthier coconut oil rather than vegan butter, and there's no need to chill the dough before baking -Woot woot! Enjoy!
Chocolate and peanut butter are a match made in heaven so feel free to throw chocolate chips into the cookie dough Or dip the cookies in chocolate after baking!
And if your a total chocolate lover you might like to try my vegan chocolate chip cookies!
How to make vegan peanut butter cookies:
Great simple recipe!
Preheat oven to 350°. Line a large cookie sheet (or two smaller ones) with parchment paper and set aside.
Add all the wet ingredients to a large mixing bowl: melted coconut oil, peanut butter, vanilla, plant milk and sugar. Whisk until smooth
Add in the dry ingredients starting with the flour. Then add the baking powder, baking soda, salt and coconut on top of the flour . Stir with a wooden spoon until everything is mixed.
Drop the dough balls by heaped spoonfuls,( or roll into balls) onto the parchment lined cookie sheet. With a fork press down on each cookie in the classic criss cross pattern. You should get 16 cookies.
Bake for 10-12 minutes. Let cool on the pan for a couple of minutes and then remove cookies to a cooling rack. Enjoy!! For full recipe instructions and ingredients see recipe card below.
Substitutions for peanut butter:
- you can use crunchy peanut butter in place of smooth. I use natural peanut butter but you can use any type you'd like.
- use almond butter instead of peanut butter
- if you have a nut allergy feel free to sub Sunbutter make from sunflower seeds or Wow Butter which is made with soy instead of peanuts. Both great nut free alternatives!
Can I freeze the cookie dough?
- yes after you have rolled the peanut butter dough into balls, make the classic criss cross pattern and place on a parchment lined baking sheet and freeze. Once frozen place the raw cookies into a freezer bag and freeze! Will keep for up to 2 months in the freezer. When ready to bake place on a prepared cookie sheet and bake! (might have to bake a minute or 2 longer) Once baked they will keep covered on the counter for 5-7 days or in the fridge for 10-12 days.
- the baked cookies freeze well also. Keep in a freezer bag or container for up to 2 months.
Let's make some Peanut Butter Cookies! They're:
- easy to make
- perfect for kids lunchbox!
- best after school snack
- perfectly chewy
- melt in your mouth delicious!!
- kid friendly
Enjoy guys! Happy day to you? feel free to leave a comment and a rating below. I would love to hear from you.
More vegan cookie recipes, bars and brownies? Check these recipes out!
- Best Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Classic Vegan Gingerbread Cookies
- Salted Caramel & Pecan Vegan Shortbread bars
- Vegan Black Bean Brownies (Healthy + GF)
- Healthy Breakfast Bars (Vegan, GF)
- Raw Vegan Brownies (Healthy No Bake Recipe, GF)
- The Best Vegan Chocolate Bars Recipe!
- Chocolate Coconut Date Balls (No Bake) (Vegan+GF)
- Chewy Vegan Sugar Cookies