Vegan Pumpkin Bread: A super moist 1 bowl vegan pumpkin bread recipe that’s eggless, dairy free, easy to make & tastes incredible!! Better than Starbucks! Best fall dessert, breakfast or snack with coffee or tea!
- 1 and 1/2 cups pure canned pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/2 cup oil, I use grapeseed oil you could use vegetable, canola or even olive oil!*
- 1/2 cup unsweetened plain vegan yogurt, I use cultured coconut yogurt
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour*
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 cup raw pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
Optional Tasty Add Ins:
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2- 3/4 cup dairy free chocolate chips (so good in this!!😋)
- zest of 1 orange (add into wet mix)
- Preheat oven to 350° Spray a non stick 9x5 loaf pan with cooking oil spray
- Add the wet ingredients to a large mixing bowl, whisk until combined and smooth
- Now add the dry ingredients to the top of the wet ingredients, staring with the flour and then sprinkle the spices, salt, baking soda, baking powder on top of the flour. Stir with a wooden spoon or spatula until combined. Do not over mix. If adding chocolate chips and or walnuts fold in now.
- Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan. Spread evenly and sprinkle with the pumpkin seeds. Push the seeds down slightly once added
- Bake for 75 minutes or when a cake tester inserted comes out clean. Very Loosely tent with foil anytime after 50 minutes if the top is getting to dark (I never need to do this but ovens can vary)
- Remove from oven to a cooling rack. Remove bread from pan after 20 minutes, run a knife around edges if necessary and let fully cool on rack before transferring to cutting board and slicing. Enjoy!! Lovely as is or served slightly warmed with vegan butter, (mmm the best!) Tastes even better the next day if that's possible! Great breakfast, snack or dessert! For step by step photos see above post 🔼
- Spices: Use 3 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice in place of cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves!
- Oil options: I usually use grapeseed oil but you can use canola oil, vegetable oil and olive oil is awesome too! Have not tried coconut oil or vegan butter
- For oil free pumpkin bread: You can use unsweetened apple sauce but the bread will be heavier and more dense, still tasty though!
- Flour options: could use whole wheat flour in place of all purpose but loaf will be heavier and more dense though (wasn't a fan), haven't tried spelt flour.
- Gluten free: I have not personally tried this recipe with a gluten free flour blend but I know many people who have had great success with it.
- To store and freeze: It will keep covered on the counter for 2-3 days or in the fridge for 4-5 (I prefer wrapping the slices individually and storing in fridge) and to freeze- wrap the whole loaf well with plastic wrap, then tin foil and freeze for up to 3 months. Is also great sliced individually, wrapped in plastic wrap and frozen for a quick grab and go snack for work or school lunches. I prefer to freeze it that way which will last for up to 6 weeks
- More optional add ins: chopped dried fruit like cranberries or cherries
- Category: Breakfast & Baking, Sweets, Vegan Holiday Recipes
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American, Canadian
Keywords: vegan pumpkin bread, easy, best, vegan pumpkin bread Starbucks, pumpkin bread vegan,