Vegan Pumpkin Bread: A super moist 1 bowl vegan pumpkin bread recipe that’s eggless, dairy free, easy to make & tastes incredible!! Better than Starbucks! Best fall dessert, breakfast or snack with coffee or tea!
Ok let's talk fall recipes.. if you’re looking for vegan pumpkin bread recipes… look no further.
-Because I have the best vegan pumpkin bread ever!- right here folks!! The loaf is incredibly moist, perfectly spiced and it’s made in one bowl. So simple so good! And no one would ever guess it’s vegan! Woot Woot!
Customizable too- throw in some chocolate chips for vegan chocolate pumpkin bread. Chopped walnuts are also a fabulous addition! they add a wonderful texture and flavour to the bread.
It’s a wonderful fall dessert, or breakfast/snack you’ll make over and over again because it is so darn tasty and it requires only a few simple ingredients!
Adults and kids go equally crazy for this recipe! My daughter says she's been quite enjoying it with coffee after dinner. (I brought her a loaf when we came for Thanksgiving😊)
You can’t mess it up- it’s fool proof! Really it’s Easy Peasy!
So if you love quick breads and muffins like my vegan banana bread and my lemon loaf , chocolate banana muffins or chocolate banana bread! you’ll flip for this easy pumpkin bread with classic pumpkin spices
-and best of all you can make it year round because I used canned pumpkin not fresh! But hey cook up some pumpkin if you like, up to you!😊
How to make Vegan Pumpkin Bread:
- Preheat oven to 350° Spray a non stick 9x5 loaf pan with cooking oil spray or grease with vegan butter
- Add the wet ingredients to a large mixing bowl, whisk until combined and smooth
- Now add the dry ingredients to the top of the wet ingredients, staring with the flour and then sprinkle the spices, salt, baking soda, baking powder on top of the flour. Stir with a wooden spoon or spatula until combined. Do not over mix. If adding chocolate chips and or walnuts fold in now.
- Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan. Spread evenly and sprinkle with the pumpkin seeds. Push the seeds down slightly once added
- Bake for 75 minutes or when a cake tester inserted comes out clean. Very Loosely tent with foil anytime after 50 minutes if the top is getting to brown (I never need to do this but ovens can vary)
- Remove from oven to a cooling rack. Remove bread from pan after 20 minutes, run a knife around edges if necessary and let fully cool on rack before transferring to cutting board and slicing. Enjoy!! Lovely as is or served slightly warmed with vegan butter, (mmm the best!) Tastes even better the next day if that's possible! For full recipe ingredients and instructions see recipe card below at the end of post⬇️
- do not overmix the batter, overmixing could result in a dense and gummy loaf
- make sure to use canned pumpkin puree and not pumpkin pie filling!
- spray non stick loaf pan generously to prevent sticking
- cool completely before slicing, I know it's hard but it yields the best results
- cook for allowed time- do not under bake
Frequently asked questions:
What kind of oil should I use?
- I usually use grapeseed oil but you can use canola oil, vegetable oil and olive oil is awesome too! Have not tried coconut oil or vegan butter
What can I substitute for oil?
- You can use unsweetened apple sauce but the bread will be heavier and more dense, still tasty though!
Can it be made gluten free?
- I have not personally tried this recipe with a gluten free flour blend but I know many people who have had great success with it.
Can pumpkin bread frozen?
- Yes! It will keep covered on the counter for 2-3 days or in the fridge for 4-5 (I prefer wrapping the slices individually and storing in fridge) and to freeze- wrap the whole loaf well with plastic wrap, then tin foil and freeze for up to 3 months. Is also great sliced individually, wrapped in plastic wrap and frozen for a quick grab and go snack for work or school lunches. I prefer to freeze it that way which will last for up to 6 weeks.
What else can you add to the the pumpkin bread?
- You can add in chocolate chips and or walnuts or even some dried fruit like cranberries or cherries!
This pumpkin bread is:
better than Starbucks pumpkin bread!😳
incredibly moist and tender
lovely dessert recipe for fall
great breakfast idea
simple to make in 1 bowl!
wonderful for the holidays
Enjoy you guys! Happy Day! Please feel free to comment below and give this recipe a rating. Your feedback is greatly appreciated!
Want more vegan pumpkin recipes? Check these out:Print