The BEST Vegan Taco Meat Recipe! made with simple ingredients, Gardein Beefless Ground Crumbles, mushrooms, lentils and homemade taco seasoning. It’s ready in minutes! Perfect for tacos, quesadillas, nachos, burrito bowls and more! Nut free & protein rich.
- 1 tablespoon oil, I used grapeseed
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 lb (227 grams) mushrooms, white or brown
- 2 cups Gardein Meatless Ground crumbles, frozen
- 1 cup cooked lentils, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons or so chopped cilantro
Taco Seasoning Sauce mix:
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons "Better Than Bouillon Vegetarian No Beef soup Base"
- 1/2 tablespoon Chili Powder
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon died oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt or regular salt
- 3/4 cup water
- First add the mushrooms to your food processor and pulse until they are very small but not mushy, set aside.
- Now whisk the sauce ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- Heat a large non stick skillet to medium high heat. Add the oil, onions and a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes while stirring.
- Add in the mushrooms and cook, stirring for 3-5 minutes until the mushrooms are cooked. If you find the pan getting to hot, turn down to medium heat.
- Now add the frozen meatless crumbles and lentils. Cook for 2 minutes or so until it is heated through.
- Lastly add the sauce and chopped cilantro, mix throughly. Stir until you are happy with the consistency. The sauce will evaporate quickly. Enjoy!
- Serve with tacos, nachos, burritos, quesadillas, enchiladas, vegan nacho cheese sauce and more,..
- This recipe will keep in the fridge for 3-5 days and freezes well. Makes approximately 4 cups.
- If you want to spice it up add a tablespoon of chopped pickled jalapeños or a pinch of cayenne and or tablespoon or so of jalapeño pickle juice.
Keywords: vegan taco meat, best vegan taco meat, crumbles, meatless, easy, mexican, taco seasoning, filling