Vegan Tuna Salad! My vegetarian alternative to real tuna, tastes like classic version but fish free! DELICIOUS 10 minute recipe! Perfect in a sandwich, wrap, with crackers, on lettuce or grilled as a tuna melt! Easy Healthy lunch! Gluten free.
- 1 (398 ml/14 oz) can hearts of palm, drained
- 1 cup canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup dill pickle, diced
- 2 tablespoons red onion, finely diced
- 1 small celery rib, diced
- 1 tablespoon small capers, measure then finely chop
- 2 seaweed snack sheets
- 1/3 cup vegan mayonnaise (I use Vegenaise)
- 2 teaspoons tamari
- 2 teaspoons caper brine
- 1 teaspoon dill pickle juice or sub lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic (powder)
- salt and pepper to taste
- To the food processor add chickpeas and hearts of palm. Pulse until mixed but not mushy, leave a little texture. Scrape down sides as needed
- With a spatula add mixture into mixing bowl, crumble in the seaweed sheets and add rest of ingredients. Mix until combined. Season with salt and pepper if needed. Chill in the fridge or serve right away.
- Enjoy! Lovely in a sandwich, wrap, with crackers or on a bed of lettuce. I love it with a side of potato chips! Step by step photos, FAQ, Tips in above post
- To store: will keep covered in fridge for 3-4 days
- I quite enjoy this 'tuna mix' in a sandwich with toasted buttered bread and lettuce, sometimes I add avocado and tomato!
- Category: Mains, Salads, Gluten free, 30 Minute Vegan Recipes
- Method: food processor / bowl
- Cuisine: American, Canadian
Keywords: vegan tuna salad, vegan tuna, vegan sandwich spreads, vegan salads, vegan tuna sandwich