Vegan Tuna Salad! My vegetarian alternative to real tuna, tastes like classic version but fish free! DELICIOUS 10 minute recipe! Perfect in a sandwich, wrap, with crackers, on lettuce or grilled as a tuna melt! Easy Healthy lunch! Gluten free.
WOW wait until you taste this easy vegan tuna recipe!
If you’re a lover of a good tuna fish sandwich like I was, then this recipe is for you! -My vegan tuna salad! That’s right- a Mock version with no tuna and it tastes incredibly similar! Made with chickpeas and hearts of palm, vegan mayo, which creates a flaked texture similar to tuna! Ready in no time! No tofu or jackfruit.
So no need for a can of tuna or a stop at subway! Make my plant based version at home and keep those fishies swimming - and FYI vegan store bought canned tuna is not pleasant in my opinion
My family was shocked at how good this tuna salad sandwich was! It will totally satisfy that fish craving -Make it you'll be glad you did! As far as vegan recipes go this ones up there!! Says everyone who’s tried it😊
Adapted from my vegan chickpea salad sandwiches with sunflower seeds! - Equally tasty!
- hearts of palm
- vegan mayonnaise: (I used vegenaise)
- veggies: celery, red onion, dill pickle
- seaweed snack sheets
- seasonings: garlic powder, tamari, salt and pepper
- pickle juice and caper brine or sub lemon juice
- bread, wraps, lettuce etc,.. for serving
How to make vegan tuna salad:
- To the food processor add chickpeas and hearts of palm. Pulse until mixed but not mushy, leave a little texture. Scrape down sides as needed
- With a spatula add mixture into mixing bowl, crumble in the seaweed sheets and add rest of ingredients. Mix until combined. Season with salt and pepper if needed. Chill in the fridge or serve right away.
- Enjoy! Lovely in a sandwich, wrap, with crackers or on a bed of lettuce. I love it with a side of potato chips! For full recipe ingredients and instructions see recipe card below
Is vegan tuna good for you?
- Yes it is healthy as it is usually prepared from chickpeas and sometimes hearts of palm which are both good for you. And of course contains no actual tuna fish.
What does it taste like?
- Vegan tuna salad actually has a similar taste to tuna because of the seaweed ingredient, capers, mayo, and pickle juice or lemon. The texture is great too.
What are hearts of palm?
- Hearts of palm is a vegetable taken from the inner core of palm trees. They are cut into cylinders and packed in either water or brine. Have a taste similar to artichokes but milder. You can usually find them in the canned vegetable aisle. They contain many healthy nutrients and are high in protein and fibre. I often buy mine at Walmart and find them affordable.
- this tuna mix is even better the next day if you can believe it
- feel free to add in extras like chopped red bell peppers or your favourite sandwich add ins like lettuce, tomato, avocado etc,..
You'll love this mock tuna, it's..
- made with healthy ingredients
- easy to make
- super tasty
- kid approved
- great anytime
- perfect lunch idea
Enjoy everyone! Happy Day! Please feel free to comment below and give this recipe a rating. Your feedback is greatly appreciated!
More sandwich recipes..
- Vegan Sloppy Joes (Meatless Manwich)
- Best Vegan 'Chicken' Salad
- Tofu Bacon Recipe (great for for BLT)
- Vegan Egg Salad Sandwich
- Chickpea Salad Sandwich