This moist, sweet, and delicious Easy Vegan Zucchini Bread (1 Bowl) is a total crowd-pleaser! Enjoy the sliced egg and dairy free bread as a fun treat, cozy dessert, or filling breakfast.
For zucchini bread:
2 cups grated zucchini, not packed
3/4 cup plain vegan yogurt
1/2 cup oil, I use grapeseed oil*
3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
1/4 cup white sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups all purpose flour*
1 and 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon salt
Optional add ins:
- 3/4 cups walnuts or pecans, chopped
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup vegan chocolate chips or raisins
- Handful dried cranberries or cherries
Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 9x5 non stick loaf pan with cooking oil spray and set aside.
To a large mixing bowl add wet ingredients: grated zucchini, vegan yogurt, oil, sugars and vanilla. Mix together
Now add the dry ingredients on top starting with the flour, then sprinkle the baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg on top of the flour. Mix until just combined. Do not over mix
Fold in the chopped walnuts and or dairy free chocolate chips (if using)
Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean or with a few crumbs, no wet batter
Remove zucchini bread from pan and cool on a cooling rack for at least 10-15 minutes before slicing. Or cool completely and then slice. It should be a lovely golden brown on top with some cracks which is completely normal.
- for best results use small or medium firm zucchini
- you can use melted vegan butter or refined coconut oil in place of grapeseed oil. (I prefer grapeseed oil)
- For oil free: use applesauce instead of oil (Oil is my preference)
- For gluten free: use a gluten free 1:1 flour blend and you could also use a white whole wheat flour or a spelt flour in place of all purpose flour. I like recipe best as written.
- For nut free: omit the walnuts
- To store and freeze: will keep covered on the counter for up to 3 days or in the fridge for up to a week and freezes well. Slice and wrap individually in plastic wrap to freeze. Or wrap the whole loaf tightly in plastic wrap and then in tin foil and it will keep for up to 2 months in the freezer.
- For zucchini muffins: evenly distribute batter between 12 greased or lined muffin tins. Bake at bake 350° for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean
- Calories listed do not include dairy free chocolate chips or walnuts
- Category: Breakfast & Baking
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American, Canadian
Keywords: vegan zucchini bread,