Best homemade hot chocolate you’ll ever make and it’s vegan!! Dairy free rich & creamy mix of coconut milk, cocoa and more! Microwave ready in under 5 minutes just for you! Better than Starbucks! Nut free, Gluten free, Healthy. Single serve!
Oh boy I’ve got a doozy! Vegan Hot Chocolate! It’s seriously the best hot chocolate I’ve ever tasted! Vegan or otherwise!! This recipe makes one mug of cocoa and it is so easy! Takes minutes to whip up in the microwave and then your drinking a cozy rich and creamy cup of chocolate-y goodness!
This is perfect for cold winter days and is a must for the holidays! And there is no need to travel to Starbucks to get one!
My grand kids love this delicious cocoa recipe!
And adults go crazy for it too! Psss- spike it for a boozy holiday drink that is to die for!! Mmmm now we’re talking!
Vegan Hot chocolate ingredients:
I used coconut milk and oat milk instead of dairy and maple syrup in place of sugar! Mix with Hershey's cocoa powder (I buy at Walmart) pinch of salt and vanilla, little instant coffee for a tasty mocha vibe! And you have an incredible hot beverage that’s refined sugar free too!
Yup no chocolate chips needed trust me!!
So say no to store bought it just doesn’t compare to homemade!
It’s a must with coconut whip cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon or hey throw on some vegan marshmallows if that’s your thing!!
Ok lets get to it and make some dairy free hot cocoa!!
How to make vegan hot chocolate:
For full ingredients and instructions see recipe card below
- Add the cocoa powder, maple syrup, vanilla, salt, and instant coffee to a regular size coffee cup. Stir to form a paste
- Add the coconut milk and enough oat milk to fill the mug. Leave a little room for toppings . Stir and microwave until hot, 1 to 1 and 1/2 minutes or so. Stir and top with vegan whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon or add marshmallows. Enjoy!!
This hot chocolate recipe is:
- super simple
- so flavourful
- lovely for the holidays
- rich and creamy
- kid friendly
Enjoy you guys! Happy Day! Please feel free to comment below and give this recipe a rating. Your feedback is greatly appreciated!
Want more vegan chocolate recipes? Check these out:
- Raw Vegan Brownies (Healthy No Bake Recipe, GF)
- Chocolate Coconut Date Balls (No Bake) (Vegan+GF)
- Chocolate Espresso Vegan Mug Cake
- Best & Easiest Vegan Chocolate Truffles
- Chocolate Malted Vegan Ice Cream (Fudgicle Ice Cream)
- The Best Vegan Chocolate Cake EVER! (Easy Recipe)