This Mediterranean Orzo Salad recipe Rocks! Fresh chopped veggies, perfectly cooked orzo pasta with the Best Greek Salad Dressing Ever! Tangy, slightly sweet, lemony, garlicky and full of herbs. Perfect easy summer salad for your next potluck or Bbq. Healthy and Vegan too!
- 1 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 1/2 lb (227 grams) cherry or grape tomatoes, halved ( approximately 1 & 1/2 to 2 cups)
- 1 small jar (170 ml) ( 6 fl oz) marinated artichokes, drained and rough chopped (don’t rinse)
- 1/2 medium English cucumber, seeded and chopped into bite sized pieces ( approximately 1 & 1/4 cups)
- 1/2 cup whole pitted black olives or Kalamata olives
- 1/3 cup red onion, chopped small (see notes*)
- 1 bell pepper, red, yellow, or orange, chopped into bite sized pieces
- 2– 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Greek Salad Dressing Ingredients:
- 1 teaspoon dried dill or 1 tablespoon fresh dill
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- pinch of pepper
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1 small garlic clove, finely chopped or 1/4 teaspoon granulated garlic
- zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice ( approximately 1/2 a lemon)
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons oil, I use grape seed or extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- Start by cooking the orzo according to package directions. Don’t over cook! Drain pasta and add back to pot with cold water and drain again. Drizzle with oil to prevent sticking and set aside.
- Next make the greek dressing: combine all the dressing ingredients in a jar with a tight fitting lid and shake to combine or whisk together in a small bowl, and set a side.
- Lastly prep all the veggies and herbs and add to a large salad bowl. Add the orzo pasta. Pour the dressing over the the salad and mix well. (I like to dress this salad just before serving).
- Serve and enjoy! Delicious served with my Vegan Burger recipe! 😊
- serves 6-8 people as a side salad
- this salad is the best when it’s dressed just before serving (my opinion😊)
- red onions can be overpowering in salads for some people. To mellow there bite add chopped red onions to icy cold water for 15 minutes, drain well and add to salad
Keywords: mediterranean orzo salad, Greek Salad dressing, best, vegan, easy, summer, potluck, bbq, pasta salad,