I LOVE this rich and hearty Mexican Bean Soup Recipe. It's the Best Mexican Bean and Veggie Soup Recipe, so delicious and easily oil free. The Authentic flavours will transport you to Mexico, black beans, pinto beans and chick peas, lots of vegetables, earthy spices and bright herbs, simmered in the most AMAZING broth. Serve it with limes, hot sauce, chopped cilantro and tortilla chips for dipping- OH MY!?
- 1 tbsp oil or so (optional)
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 3 medium bell peppers ( one green), diced
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 carrots, diced, ( a cup or so)
- 1/2 lb chopped mushrooms, ( approx 227 grams)
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 1 can black beans, no salt, rinsed and drained, 540 ml
- 1 can chick peas, no salt, rinsed and drained, 540 ml
- 1 can pinto beans ( I couldn't find "no salt added"),rinsed and drained, 540 ml
- 1 tbsp Masa flour
- 2 tbsps chili powder
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 2.5 tbsps nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 3 tbsps "Better than Bouillon Vegetarian No Beef Soup Base"
- 8 cups water
OPTIONAL TOPPINGS FOR SERVING:
MEXICAN BEAN SOUP ( STOVE TOP VERSION):
- Add onions, oil ( or broth/water), pinch of salt & pepper to your favourite soup pot ( 5 qt or bigger). Saute on medium heat for a couple of minutes, till onions have a little caramel colour to them.
- Add garlic, peppers and mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes or so till veggies start to soften
- Then add salt, spices, give it a stir, then pour in wine, tomato paste, bouillon paste, nutritional yeast and masa flour. Let simmer for minute or two.
- Add beans and water . Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, cover and cook for 25-30 or so until veggies are tender.
- Now remove from heat and add 3 big ladles of soup to your Nutra Bullet or Blender. Blend till smooth. Return to pot, stir and season with salt and pepper if needed and serve with your favourite toppings.
MEXICAN BEAN SOUP ( SLOW COOKER VERSION):
- If using a slow cooker, follow directions in "Stove Top version", just saute veggies n a separate skillet then add everything to slow cooker, cover, cook on high for 3-4 hrs or low for 5-6. Turn off heat and follow directions for "Stove Top Version"
- When you have all your veggies and beans in your pot its going to look like a lot, but it works. Trust me! It's a hearty bowl of soup.
- I like to garnish my soup bowl with a squeeze of lime juice, chopped cilantro, hot sauce, and tortilla chips for dipping. YUMMM
- "Valentina's hot sauce" or " Frank's Red Hot" is so good in this soup, highly recommend!
- This soup is so Freaking Good!! You will love it
- I use my Nutra Bullet for everything check it out here
Other soups you might like:
- Category: Soups
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: taco soup, authentic, oil free, gluten free, black beans, recipe, rich, hearty, tortilla, soup, slow cooker, easy, vegan, vegetarian, beans, spicy, taco, mexican, mexican bean soup,