This quick & easy Vegan Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe is perfect, has the best flavour ever and it’s healthy, hearty and delicious. There’s no tofu or soy curls, instead I’ve added chickpeas so it’s a no fuss, fast delicious vegetarian noodle soup with all the classic flavours that you’ll love. This will become your family favorite, it’s definitely ours.
My Granddaughters love this soup! It takes no coaxing at all for them to devour their soup – veggies and all. and that’s saying something! We all know how picky kids can be, right? I guess the flavour, texture and slurp factor must be bang on, lol.
OK FOLKS LETS TALK NOODLES! SHOULD I COOK NOODLES BEFORE ADDING TO SOUP?
My answer is – YES! you should cook the noodles separately ( and al dente). I think it makes for a far better soup. It’s so easy to over cook a noodle, so by cooking separately you will have the perfect “noodle bite” every time.
SHOULD I ADD NOODLES TO SOUP BEFORE FREEZING?
No! – If freezing left over soup do not add noodles. Once defrosted and reheated the noodles will be overcooked and mushy.
WHAT KIND OF NOODLES DO I USE FOR “VEGAN CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP”?
I like broad noodles ( egg free), rotini noodles or broken spaghetti noodles for my veggie soup. There are so many choices, pick your favorite, gluten free, veggie, brown rice, buckwheat, etc… skies the limit folks😊
OK ON TO THE SOUP! HOW DO I MAKE THE BEST “VEGAN CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP”?
I start by adding diced onions, oil, pinch of salt and pepper to your favorite soup pot ( at least 5 qt pot). If avoiding oil saute in broth or water. Cook onion for a minute or two on medium heat, then add your garlic and veggies except chickpeas. Cook for 3-4 minutes or so till vegetables soften a bit. Now add the chickpeas, herbs, nutritional yeast, Braggs or Tamari and bouillon paste, give it a stir, add the water. Cover and bring to a boil , reduce to a simmer and cook covered, 20 minutes or so, until veggies are tender.Remove from heat.
Now at this point you can add cooked noodles to soup or add to individual soup bowls to serve. Personally I keep the noodles separate unless I know I’m not freezing any left over soup in which case I will add cooked noodles to pot to serve.
SHOULD I USE BOUILLON PASTE, BROTH, OR CUBES FOR MY VEGAN SOUP?
It’s totally up to you, I almost always use “Vegetarian Better than Bouillon” brand for my soups and stews. I think the flavour is outstanding, much more complex than broth or cubes. There are three vegan varieties, “Vegetarian No chicken Soup Base”, “Vegetarian No Beef Soup Base” or ” Seasoned Vegetable Base”
Ok go open that cupboard and find some noodles! It’s soup time.
I know you’ll love this Vegan Chicken Noodle Soup, it’s:
Better than chicken noodle
Easily gluten free
Enjoy you Guys! Happy Day😊
Feel free to leave comment below. Your feedback is greatly appreciated!
Check out ” Vegan Chicken Noodle Soup” VIDEO below!
This quick & easy Vegan Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe is perfect, has the best flavour ever an it’s healthy, hearty and delicious. There’s no tofu or soy curls, instead I’ve added chickpeas, so it’s a no fuss, fast delicious vegetarian soup with all the classic flavours that you’ll love.
- 340 grams or so, Noodles of choice( reg or gluten free) see notes*
- 1 can chickpeas ( no salt added)
- 1 tbsp oil or so (optional)
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced ( 1 cup or more)
- 2 cups diced celery ( 4–5 stalks)
- 2 cups diced carrots ( 4 –5 carrots)
- 1 cup diced zuccini
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- 3–4 cloves chopped garlic
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 and 1/2 tsp fresh rosemary ( finely chopped, don’t skimp)
- 1 and 1/2 tsp dried thyme ( not powder)
- 1/2 tsp celery salt
- 3 and 1/2 tbsp “Better Than Bouillon No Chicken Soup Base” (see notes*)
- 3 tbsp Braggs or Lite Tamari
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 10 cups water
- salt & pepper
- Start by cooking your noodle of choice “al dente”, drain noodles and add to cold water to stop cooking, drain and set aside.
- Add onions, oil, pinch of salt and pepper to your soup pot ( at least 6 qt). If avoiding oil saute in broth or water. Cook onions for a minute or so on medium heat, then add your garlic, and the rest of the veggies except chickpeas, cook for 3-4 minutes or so, till veggies soften.
- Add the chickpeas , herbs, bay leaves, nutritional yeast, Braggs and Bouillon, give it a stir.
- Add water , cover soup and bring to a boil, reduce to simmer and cook covered for 20 minutes or until veggies are tender.
- Remove from heat
- Adjust seasonings, add salt & pepper and or more bouillon paste.
- Now at this point you can add the noodles to soup or add to individual soup bowls to serve. Personally I keep the noodles separate unless I know I’m not freezing any left over soup, in which case I will add the cooked noodles to soup pot and serve.
- Serve and enjoy!
- If you choose to use veggie broth or cubes rather than ” Better than Bouillon vegetarian no chicken soup base” your outcome will not be the same . you might have to add extra flavour, like more soy, nutritional yeast, salt, maybe granulated garlic and or onion powder.
- There are so many noodle choices regular or gluten free. My favourites are , broad noodles, rotini noodles or broken spaghetti noodles.
- This recipe is adapted from Food Network
Keywords: vegan chicken noodle soup, classic, gluten free,