These Peanut Noodles are completely slurpalicious, addictive, and naturally vegan and gluten free! Slathered in an easy peanut sauce, these saucy noodles make for a delicious meal prep option or quick Thai-inspired dinner.
- 8 oz uncooked pasta, I use spaghettini, spaghetti or vermicelli ( use rice noodles for gluten free)
- drizzle of sesame oil
- 1/4 cup green onions, diced (for serving)
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter, smooth or crunchy
- 1/2 cup canned coconut milk (full fat)
- 2 and 1/2 tablespoons Tamari
- 2 teaspoons Chili garlic sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar, not seasoned
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar or sweetener of choice
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled, grated and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/3 cup water
More serving ideas (optional)
- lime wedges
- toasted sesame seeds
- chopped cilantro
- chopped roasted peanuts
- First cook noodles according to package instructions. Add to a colander, drain and rinse well with hot water. Return noodles to the pot. Add a drizzle of sesame oil, mix, and set aside
- While noodles are cooking prepare your peanut sauce: add all ingredients to a medium sauce pot. Whisk together and heat on medium low heat until the sauce is warm, no need to simmer.
- Mix sauce with noodles and enjoy! Top with green onions and toppings of your choice. Easy Peasy and amazing!! For step by step photos, serving suggestions, tips and more see notes and above post.
- Storing leftovers: Keep the peanut noodles in an airtight container in the fridge for 5 to 7 days. The peanut sauce will stay fresh in an airtight jar or container in the fridge for up to 1 week.
- Toppings ideas: Toasted sesame seeds, Thinly sliced red cabbage, Grated carrot, Edamame, Crispy tofu, stir fry veggies. More ideas in above post.
Originally published July 2019. The post has been updated, recipe itself is unchanged.
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Category: Mains, Gluten free,
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Thai, Asian
Keywords: peanut noodles, vegan peanut noodles