This Tofu scramble is a vegan take on scrambled eggs, made with black salt and nutritional yeast. Easy 11 Ingredient protein packed breakfast! Gluten free! Ready in 20 minutes!
- 1 tbsp oil (optional)
- 1/3 cup diced green pepper
- 1/3 cup diced yellow onion
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tsp Better than Bouillon Vegetarian no chicken soup base, ( they offer an organic oil free option as well)
- 1 tbsp Braggs
- 1/4 tsp black salt
- 1/4 tsp tumeric
- 1/2 tsp granulated garlic
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 package extra firm or firm tofu
- chopped green onions
- hot sauce 👍
- other sauted vegetables
- Set a non stick skillet to medium heat and add in the onions and peppers, oil ( or broth or water) and a pinch of salt and pepper. Now saute the veggies until they start to soften and the onions get a little brown around the edges, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- While the veggies are cooking add the bouillon, spices, nutritional yeast, Braggs and water to a small bowl and set aside.
- When the veggies are done crumble in your tofu (I like to crumble it by hand). Now stir the tofu and veggie mix until it’s warmed through which takes a minute or so.
- Lastly stir in the tofu seasoning liquid and mix thoroughly. Stir the scramble until most (or all) of the liquid is absorbed. It’s up to you whether you like your scramble moist or a little crispier.
- Serve and enjoy😊
- if you’d like the tofu scramble buttery, add vegan butter instead of oil, up to 2 tablespoons, yum!
- There is no need to press your tofu, just drain the excess water before adding it to the skillet
- I like to serve the scramble with my delicious home fries which I will be posting next👍 Stay tuned😊
- If you just want a basic but still delicious tofu scramble omit the peppers and onions.
Keywords: tofu scrambled eggs, tofu eggs, tofu scramble, vegan eggs, vegan scramble, easy, best, quick,