BEST TOFU SCRAMBLE! Perfectly seasoned tofu that’s buttery, fluffy and tastes like real eggs! Made with nutritional yeast, black salt, veggies and more. Easy 20 minute protein packed vegan breakfast!
- 1 –2 tablespoons vegan butter or oil (butter makes it extra creamy) (optional*)
- 1/3 cup diced green pepper
- 1/3 cup diced yellow onion
- 1 package extra firm or firm tofu
TOFU SEASONING SAUCE:
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon Better than Bouillon Vegetarian no chicken soup base, ( they offer an organic oil free option as well)
- 1 tablespoon Braggs
- 1/4 teaspoon black salt
- 1/4 teaspoon tumeric
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- chopped green onions
- hot sauce
- other sauted vegetables
- Set a non stick skillet over medium heat and add in the onions and peppers, butter or oil ( or broth or water) and a pinch of salt and pepper. Now saute the veggies until they start to soften and the onions get a little brown around the edges, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- While the veggies are cooking prepare the tofu seasoning: add the bouillon, spices, nutritional yeast, Braggs and water to a small bowl and set aside.
- When the veggies are done crumble in your tofu (I like to crumble it by hand). Now stir the tofu and veggie mix until it’s warmed through which takes a minute or so.
- Lastly stir in the seasoning sauce and mix thoroughly. Stir the scramble until most (or all) of the liquid is absorbed. It’s up to you whether you like your scramble moist or a little crispier.
- Serve and enjoy your vegan breakfast!
- Delicious along side my Breakfast Potatoes (Home Fries)
- For oil free: cook the vegetables in water or veggie broth
- There is no need to press your tofu, just drain the excess water before adding it to the skillet
- If you just want a basic tofu scramble (but still delicious) omit the peppers and onions.
Keywords: tofu scramble, best tofu scramble, vegan scrambled eggs, silky, fluffy, moist, easy, tofu scrambled eggs, tofu eggs, vegan eggs, vegan scramble, best, quick,