Vegan Buffalo ‘Chicken’ Dip! Delicious creamy cheesy vegan alternative to real buffalo dip made meatless and dairy free! Everyone will love this easy plant based version. Perfect game day Super Bowl Sunday party food recipe! Healthy.
- 1 and 1/2 cups raw cashews
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup frank's red hot buffalo wing sauce (you can add up to 1/4 cup more if you want it spicier)
- 1 and 1/2 to 2 cups chopped vegan chicken pieces, I used 1 package of Tofurky lightly seasoned chick'n, use any like Gardein or homemade seitan *
- 1 cup grated vegan mozzarella cheese, I like violife or mine if I have it made already (see notes for options*)
- 2 tablespoons dill pickle juice
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons granulated garlic (powder)
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons granulated onion (powder)
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- chopped green onions
- celery sticks, carrot sticks
- sliced baguette, tortilla chips and or crackers
- Preheat oven to °350°
- Make cashew cream: in a small bowl add cashews and cover with boilng water from kettle. Let soak for 5 minutes. Drain and add to your Nutra bullet or high speed blender with 1 cup of fresh water. Blend until smooth.
- While cashews are soaking in a medium bowl add rest of ingredients and the cashew cream. Stir to combine.
- Pour into a 1 to 1 and 1/2 quart shallow -oven safe baking dish (I use my pie plate) and spread evenly. Bake for 25 minutes. Sprinkle with green onions.
- Serve warm with carrot and celery sticks, tortilla chips and or sliced baguette. For step by step photos see above post
- Vegan cheese alternatives: can substitute 1/3 cup nutritional yeast for mozzarella, tasty but won't be quite as moist.
- Meatless options: can use soy curls just follow package instructions, drain and chop.
- To store: will keep covered in fridge for 3-4 days. Reheat leftovers in microwave or oven. Not suitable for freezing.
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 25 Minutes
- Category: Snacks & Sides
- Method: Bake/Oven
- Cuisine: American, Canadian
Keywords: vegan buffalo chicken dip, vegan appetizers, vegan game day recipes,