This homemade Salted Vegan Caramel Sauce is such an easy recipe. It's rich, creamy and delicious. You'd never guess it's dairy free, gluten free, oil free, and sugar free. Say what! - and only five ingredients, coconut milk, maple syrup, vanilla, instant coffee and sea salt. This is a must try recipe you guys!
- Add coconut milk and maple syrup to a heavy bottomed sauce pot. Bring it to a simmer ( medium heat or less) and cook for 20-25 minutes (uncovered), stirring very frequently with a spatula. Scape down sides of the pot a few times. The mixture should slightly darken in colour and of course get thicker. See video below?
- Remove from heat and stir in the rest of ingredients
- The sauce will thicken quite a bit when it cools so I like to warm the sauce in the microwave before serving.
- And just a heads up- The instant coffee is the flavour bomb for this recipe. It's very subtle, trust me but adds to the rich caramel flavour beautifully. It's a must, I always keep regular and decaf instant coffee in my cupboard.
- This Vegan Caramel Sauce is delicious on my:
- Delicious Vegan Brownies
- Salted Caramel Vegan Chocolate Pie
- Category: Sweets, Gluten free, sauces/salsas/dressings
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegan caramel sauce, easy, oil free, sugar free, gluten free, dairy free, salted, recipe, caramel, sauce, vegan ,