This homemade Salted Vegan Caramel Sauce is such an easy recipe. It's thick and rich, creamy and delicious. You'd never guess it's dairy free, gluten free, oil free, and sugar free. Say what! - there's no dates or nuts and only five ingredients.
The ingredients in this vegan caramel sauce are, coconut milk, maple syrup, vanilla, instant coffee and sea salt. This is a must try recipe you guys!
I first made this Vegan Caramel sauce to go with my Salted Caramel Vegan Chocolate Pie. I realized I had to post it on its own because it's so freakin good! So lets make it shall we.
HOW TO MAKE THE BEST VEGAN CARAMEL SAUCE:
Easy Peasy guys! Ok start by adding coconut milk and maple syrup to a heavy bottomed medium size sauce pot. Bring it to a simmer and cook for 20-25 minutes (uncovered), stirring very frequently with a spatula. You'll want to scrape down sides of the pot a few times. Now remove from heat and stir in the rest of ingredients. Voila! The sauce will thicken quite a bit when to cools.
This easy Vegan Caramel Sauce is good on so may things, ice cream, apple pie, cakes, cookies,...etc and of course my Salted Caramel Vegan Chocolate Pie and my Delicious brownies. This sauce is to die for people! Alrighty then..Let's get saucy ?
This Vegan Caramel Sauce is:
So rich and caramel-eee
Enjoy you guys! Feel free to leave a comment below. I'd love to hear from you?
Check Out Best Vegan Caramel Sauce VIDEO Below!
Best Vegan Caramel Sauce
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 3/4-1 cup 1x
This homemade Salted Vegan Caramel Sauce is such an easy recipe. It's rich, creamy and delicious. You'd never guess it's dairy free, gluten free, oil free, and sugar free. Say what! - and only five ingredients, coconut milk, maple syrup, vanilla, instant coffee and sea salt. This is a must try recipe you guys!
- 1 can coconut milk (400 ml) (Full fat)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp instant coffee ( reg or decaf)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Add coconut milk and maple syrup to a heavy bottomed sauce pot. Bring it to a simmer ( medium heat or less) and cook for 20-25 minutes (uncovered), stirring very frequently with a spatula. Scape down sides of the pot a few times. The mixture should slightly darken in colour and of course get thicker. See video below?
- Remove from heat and stir in the rest of ingredients
- The sauce will thicken quite a bit when it cools so I like to warm the sauce in the microwave before serving.
- And just a heads up- The instant coffee is the flavour bomb for this recipe. It's very subtle, trust me but adds to the rich caramel flavour beautifully. It's a must, I always keep regular and decaf instant coffee in my cupboard.
- This Vegan Caramel Sauce is delicious on my:
- Delicious Vegan Brownies
- Salted Caramel Vegan Chocolate Pie
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Sweets, Gluten free, sauces/salsas/dressings
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegan caramel sauce, easy, oil free, sugar free, gluten free, dairy free, salted, recipe, caramel, sauce, vegan ,
For some reason it hasn't thickened up for me? Any ideas why and how to get it to thicken?
You have to use s full fat good quality coconut milk, make sure to cook it long enough and it does thicken as it cools. Hope that helps Candace!
Can I make this with coconut cream?
I'm sure it would work just fine with coconut cream. Enjoy
Can I use agave instead of maple syrup?
Haven't tried with agave but I bet it would work fine! Enjoy!
When adding the coconut milk, do I drain the water and discard it?
Hi Sarah, No add the whole can of coconut milk just make sure you're using a full fat coconut milk. Enjoy!
Can I use almond milk instead?
No that wouldn't work Angela. Regular (not lite) coconut milk is what you want. Have a great day!
What else could you swap for the coffee? Coconut sugar maybe? Or could you just leave it out?
Hi Tara, you could leave it out for sure, but it adds great flavour. If you don't have any, I recommend picking some up for next time?
Do think instant expresso powder would work? Maybe less of it?
if it is finer ground than instant coffee then yes maybe a little less. Enjoy Angela!
Have you tried it on popcorn to make Carmel corn ?
No! but I bet it would be fabulous!! Hmmm I see a new recipe in my future lol!? Thx Lori. Let me know if you make it!!
This sauce is genius
The Cheeky Chickpea
thank you so much! glad you like it.
Looks so good Verna!
The Cheeky Chickpea
Thanks so much!?