This quick & easy Vegan Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe is perfect, has the best flavour ever an it’s healthy, hearty and delicious. There’s no tofu or soy curls, instead I’ve added chickpeas, so it’s a no fuss, fast delicious vegetarian soup with all the classic flavours that you’ll love.
- 340 grams or so, Noodles of choice( reg or gluten free) see notes*
- 1 can chickpeas ( no salt added)
- 1 tbsp oil or so (optional)
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced ( 1 cup or more)
- 2 cups diced celery ( 4–5 stalks)
- 2 cups diced carrots ( 4 –5 carrots)
- 1 cup diced zuccini
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- 3–4 cloves chopped garlic
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 and 1/2 tsp fresh rosemary ( finely chopped, don’t skimp)
- 1 and 1/2 tsp dried thyme ( not powder)
- 1/2 tsp celery salt
- 3 and 1/2 tbsp “Better Than Bouillon No Chicken Soup Base” (see notes*)
- 3 tbsp Braggs or Lite Tamari
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 10 cups water
- salt & pepper
- Start by cooking your noodle of choice “al dente”, drain noodles and add to cold water to stop cooking, drain and set aside.
- Add onions, oil, pinch of salt and pepper to your soup pot ( at least 6 qt). If avoiding oil saute in broth or water. Cook onions for a minute or so on medium heat, then add your garlic, and the rest of the veggies except chickpeas, cook for 3-4 minutes or so, till veggies soften.
- Add the chickpeas , herbs, bay leaves, nutritional yeast, Braggs and Bouillon, give it a stir.
- Add water , cover soup and bring to a boil, reduce to simmer and cook covered for 20 minutes or until veggies are tender.
- Remove from heat
- Adjust seasonings, add salt & pepper and or more bouillon paste.
- Now at this point you can add the noodles to soup or add to individual soup bowls to serve. Personally I keep the noodles separate unless I know I’m not freezing any left over soup, in which case I will add the cooked noodles to soup pot and serve.
- Serve and enjoy!
- If you choose to use veggie broth or cubes rather than ” Better than Bouillon vegetarian no chicken soup base” your outcome will not be the same . you might have to add extra flavour, like more soy, nutritional yeast, salt, maybe granulated garlic and or onion powder.
- There are so many noodle choices regular or gluten free. My favourites are , broad noodles, rotini noodles or broken spaghetti noodles.
- This recipe is adapted from Food Network
Keywords: vegan chicken noodle soup, classic, gluten free,