Vegan Chicken Noodle Soup loaded with vegetables and noodles simmered in the best vegetarian broth made from scratch! Easy, hearty, healthy and tastes incredible!
- 8 oz or so uncooked broad eggless noodles or noodles of choice ( reg or gluten free) see notes*
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 tbsp olive oil or grapeseed oil (optional)
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 cups diced celery ( 4-5 stalks)
- 2 cups diced carrots ( 4 -5 carrots)
- 1 cup diced zuccini
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- 3-4 cloves chopped garlic
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 and 1/2 tsp fresh rosemary, finely chopped, don't skimp
- 1 and 1/2 tsp dried thyme, not powder
- 1/2 tsp celery salt
- 3 and 1/2 tbsp "Better Than Bouillon No Chicken Soup Base" (see notes*)
- 3 tbsp Braggs or regular or Lite Tamari
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 10 cups water
- salt & pepper
Optional add ins:
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- Prep all the veggies first and set aside.
- Add the diced onions, oil, pinch of salt and pepper to your soup pot ( at least 5 qt pot). If avoiding oil saute in broth or water. Cook onions for 5 minutes or so over medium heat, then add your garlic and veggies (except chickpeas) Cook for 3-4 minutes or so until vegetables soften a bit.
- Now add the chickpeas, herbs, nutritional yeast, Braggs or Tamari and bouillon paste, give it a stir, add the water. Cover and bring to a boil , reduce to a simmer and cook covered, 20 minutes or so, until veggies are tender. Remove from heat.
- While soup is simmering cook pasta according to package instructions, drain and set aside, don't over cook the noodles!
- Now at this point you can add cooked noodles to soup or add to individual soup bowls to serve. Personally I keep the noodles separate unless I know I'm not freezing any left over soup in which case I will add cooked noodles to pot to serve.
- Season with salt and pepper and Enjoy!! Lovely served with my No Knead Artisan Bread, French bread or crackers!
- For Instant pot option: Set instant pot to sauté, add the oil, onion, garlic and veggies (not chickpeas) cook for 3-5 minutes. Add the rest of ingredients except noodles. give everything a stir. Put on the lid, lock, set valve to seal and cook at high pressure for 6 minutes. Release the pressure valve quickly and carefully. Now at this point you can add cooked noodles to soup or add to individual soup bowls to serve. Personally I keep the noodles separate unless I know I'm not freezing any left over soup in which case I will add cooked noodles to pot to serve.
- For gluten free: use gluten free pasta
- If you choose to use veggie broth or cubes rather than Better than Bouillon vegetarian no chicken soup base" your outcome will not be the same. You might have to add extra flavour, like more soy, nutritional yeast, salt, maybe granulated garlic and or onion powder.
- There are so many noodle choices regular or gluten free. My favourites are, broad noodles, rotini noodles or broken spaghetti noodles.
- Vegan meatless options: If you like you can replace the chickpeas with your favourite vegan chicken pieces, seitan, soy curls, crispy baked tofu or try my vegan turkey recipe! yum!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Soups, Gluten free, 30 Minute Vegan Recipes, Instant Pot,
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: American, Canadian,
Keywords: vegan chicken noodle soup, classic, gluten free, vegan noodle soup, best, easy, homemade,