Classic recipe for Vegan Chicken Noodle Soup made with chickpeas and whole food ingredients. Perfect for lunch or dinner on a cold day! Ready in 35 Minutes.
- 340 grams or so, Noodles of choice( reg or gluten free) see notes*
- 1 can chickpeas ( no salt added)
- 1 tbsp oil or so (optional)
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced ( 1 cup or more)
- 2 cups diced celery ( 4–5 stalks)
- 2 cups diced carrots ( 4 –5 carrots)
- 1 cup diced zuccini
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- 3–4 cloves chopped garlic
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 and 1/2 tsp fresh rosemary ( finely chopped, don’t skimp)
- 1 and 1/2 tsp dried thyme ( not powder)
- 1/2 tsp celery salt
- 3 and 1/2 tbsp “Better Than Bouillon No Chicken Soup Base” (see notes*)
- 3 tbsp Braggs or Lite Tamari
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 10 cups water
- salt & pepper
- Start by cooking your noodle of choice “al dente”, drain noodles and add to cold water to stop cooking, drain and set aside.
- Add onions, oil, pinch of salt and pepper to your soup pot ( at least 6 qt). If avoiding oil saute in broth or water. Cook onions for a minute or so on medium heat, then add your garlic, and the rest of the veggies except chickpeas, cook for 3-4 minutes or so, till veggies soften.
- Add the chickpeas , herbs, bay leaves, nutritional yeast, Braggs and Bouillon, give it a stir.
- Add water , cover soup and bring to a boil, reduce to simmer and cook covered for 20 minutes or until veggies are tender.
- Remove from heat
- Adjust seasonings, add salt & pepper and or more bouillon paste.
- Now at this point you can add the noodles to soup or add to individual soup bowls to serve. Personally I keep the noodles separate unless I know I’m not freezing any left over soup, in which case I will add the cooked noodles to soup pot and serve.
- Serve and enjoy!
- If you choose to use veggie broth or cubes rather than ” Better than Bouillon vegetarian no chicken soup base” your outcome will not be the same . you might have to add extra flavour, like more soy, nutritional yeast, salt, maybe granulated garlic and or onion powder.
- There are so many noodle choices regular or gluten free. My favourites are , broad noodles, rotini noodles or broken spaghetti noodles.
- This recipe is adapted from Food Network
Keywords: vegan chicken noodle soup, classic, gluten free,